Did you mean: 

Asked BOA for a CLI to $99,000

tag
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

Re: Asked BOA for a CLI to $99,000

now i know Smiley Happy

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Congrats!  From experience, if you want the $99,900 you have to ask for $100k every time.  Smiley Wink

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 31 of 41
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Namaste7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Namaste7 wrote:

@kudosalert wrote:

Congratulations! Your credit line has been approved.
Your new total credit line is $9,200.00 and is available for immediate use.

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

I almost crapped myself when I saw the first "9" digit. Actually thought they gave me the 99k I requested. To be fair, I've been putting quite a bit of spending on this card recently. 2nd time to hit the CLI button. 1st time was a denial because they thought that I had "sufficient credit".

I have no clue when the last time I asked for an increase but it must have been in the last 3 months or so.

@kudosalert- Congrats on your CLI.

This place is a terrible influence 👿 vs 😇 . Your post inspired me and saved my relationship with BofA. I almost broke up with them but they came through with a 5K CLI to keep me around a tad longer. If they keep this going every 6 months, I *may* take this relationship more seriously.

@Namaste7 You can ask for a CLI every 91 days

@Anonymous- I only win with BofA if I play hard to get. On the otherward, a quarterly CLI request may keep me satisfied in the garden (which should be the only subforum that I read for the next 12 months)...bawahahahwahha

I grew a BofA Cash Rewards card from $2,000 to $85,000 in two years through quarterly CLI requests.

How much did you request each time? My CLI button was gone for a long time because I transferred limit over from a card that I closed. Apparently this resets your 90 days clock. I was without a button a press for about 6 months.

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 32 of 41
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

I see you have the elusive PR card from BOA. I dont have have enough liquid assets to get to a higher tier in their program. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@Namaste7 wrote:

@kudosalert wrote:

I almost crapped myself when I saw the first "9" digit. Actually thought they gave me the 99k I requested. To be fair, I've been putting quite a bit of spending on this card recently. 2nd time to hit the CLI button. 1st time was a denial because they thought that I had "sufficient credit".

I have no clue when the last time I asked for an increase but it must have been in the last 3 months or so.

This place is a terrible influence 👿 vs 😇 . Your post inspired me and saved my relationship with BofA. I almost broke up with them but they came through with a 5K CLI to keep me around a tad longer. If they keep this going every 6 months, I *may* take this relationship more seriously.

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 33 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 34 of 41
azsnake
New Contributor

That's too funny! Awesome you got the Cli.
Congratulations. Highest request I've seen yet 😂👌.

Message 35 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kudosalert wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Namaste7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Namaste7 wrote:

@kudosalert wrote:

@Anonymous- I only win with BofA if I play hard to get. On the otherward, a quarterly CLI request may keep me satisfied in the garden (which should be the only subforum that I read for the next 12 months)...bawahahahwahha

I grew a BofA Cash Rewards card from $2,000 to $85,000 in two years through quarterly CLI requests.

How much did you request each time? My CLI button was gone for a long time because I transferred limit over from a card that I closed. Apparently this resets your 90 days clock. I was without a button a press for about 6 months.

Lenders don't often go over 3X your current limit so when I was at low limits I requested three times that limit.  Once the credit line grew to about $25,000 I would request $20,000 at 3-months intervals.  I posted this info before but this is how it progressed:

8/23/17 - $2,000 SL - Visa Platinum approved

11/25/17 - $5,900

3/26/18 - $13,000

3/29/18 - Requested conversion to Visa Signature

7/3/18 - $23,100

10/6/18 - $37,000

1/5/19 - $50,000

4/29/19 - $70,000

7/29/19 - $85,000

Message 36 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kudosalert wrote:

I see you have the elusive PR card from BOA. I dont have have enough liquid assets to get to a higher tier in their program. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@Namaste7 wrote:

@kudosalert wrote:

While I think its helpful to have a depository relationship with BofA in order to get the Premium Rewards card, you also don't have to enroll in the Preferred Rewards program to obtain it.  The only way the Preferred Rewards program helps is as a multiplier of the base reward points you'd get with the PR card.

The card and the rewards program have similar names and that trips up a lot of people.

Message 37 of 41
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

were you using close to 50% of your CL and paying off each month?  from what i have seen, BOA dont like to give CLI unless they see you using it. before i was only putting my subscriptions (<$100) and they denied me my 1st CLI. 

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 38 of 41
DoctorManhattan
Frequent Contributor

LOL congrats on the increase
Message 39 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kudosalert wrote:

were you using close to 50% of your CL and paying off each month?  from what i have seen, BOA dont like to give CLI unless they see you using it. before i was only putting my subscriptions (<$100) and they denied me my 1st CLI. 

@kudosalert Not even close.  When my credit limit was increased to $50,000 the highest balance ever reported on the card was $740.  But it was being used as my daily driver so they were getting a lot of swipe fees.  I recently used it for a major transaction exceeding $30,000 but only because I'm playing the long game and I'm pretty sure that a large transaction will lead to an even higher credit limit down the road.

Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.