Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aspire Approval!...with a bittersweet flavor

tag
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

Aspire Approval!...with a bittersweet flavor

So I've been pining away at the thought of going for the Hilton Aspire for a while. I've been at the tail end of a spree, which has brought me 6 new accounts in December. With low SL's on my last two approved accounts (BCP and Disco IT) I knew I should take a hint and garden for the next year. But....I couldn't leave it alone, knowing that I want to get in some nice international travel this summer, but also meet the minimum spend for the SUB with my kiddo's upcoming tuition payments...So I went ahead and rolled the dice...

Got it! However, it's a bittersweet victory with the dreaded low SL of $3100. I've seen this come up in other threads about this particular limit appearing to be the minimum for approval. I'm actually quite thankful that this wasn't an outright denial, and still appears to be a SP as an existing holder of a BCP. I realize that with patience and garden time I can get this CL nurtured up to snuff, but this is a tight SL given the amount of spend I'm going to be putting on it. Basically going to need to PIF after every purchase, especially with the tuition payments and vacation bookings...But hey, I'm grateful to Amex for giving me the benefit of being granted this card. Will also be looking to speak with a CSR about giving me a starting CLI bump when I get the physical card in hand (wishful thinking I know).

Love seeing the instant diamond status...regardless of whether the status is now watered down or not...still love it!

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

Re: The Bittersweet Aspire Approval

CONGRATS  on your AmEx Hilton Aspire approval and Thanks for the background story! 

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Aspire Approval!...with a bittersweet flavor

Congrats! Definitely not something that should bug you. I also got the minimum. It took about 9 months for a CLI to happen rather than the 61 day one. 

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Aspire Approval!...with a bittersweet flavor

congrats on the new approval and enjoy the upcoming travels

Message 4 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Hilton Aspire Approved...barely!

Congratulations!

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on the approval and good luck with the cli when you receive the card!

enjoy your upcoming travels

Message 6 of 21
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 9 of 21
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

Congratulations!
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.