cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Astonished! SP Sportsmanguide Visa Approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Astonished! SP Sportsmanguide Visa Approved!

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

"Average Limit on Open Cards past 12 months ".... I don't even understand what that means. That's a bad thing? 

Obviously for my profile at the time of application for a NFCU unsecured approval yes it is/WAS a stumbling block. And that was on 2nd Recon with them so those toy limits have been weighted against an approval when added up with overall open card lines. Something that if there's a chance next time THAT REASON CODE won't be an obstacle as it proved to be.

Oh. Ok. I think I'm kindah sortah getting it. ... "Past 12 months..." I just always thought b/c that meant established age... that that was a good thing. 🙂🙃🙂 They want you to want THEM. 😃😇

Message 21 of 30
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh. Ok. I think I'm kindah sortah getting it. ... "Past 12 months..." I just always thought b/c that meant established age... that that was a good thing. They want you to want THEM.

There's always a REASON CODE(S) that oftentimes are included but don't necessarily prevent an approval. The average INDIVIDUAL card credit limits are taken by adding up ALL the limits divided by number of open card accounts (within a set timeframe) and some lenders have a threshold they prefer.

The choice to go for SGV turned out to be the better choice in this instance and at the same time elevated a individual higher line than either the other two closed cards combined which should help. Yet that also resets a new clock to show established age on it.

Message 22 of 30
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval and congrats on getting rid of cards that no longer benefit you!

Message 23 of 30
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Sportsman's Guide Visa approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 24 of 30
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval! Awesome!! 👍👍

April 2024: Experian 769; Equifax 779; Transunion 781

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $11,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $5,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 10/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (1) Trans: (0) Equif: (0)

Message 25 of 30
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

Congrats and welcome to the SG world of neat stuff to get!

I also got my SG Visa last month and was shocked at the SL since I had not had a Comenity account for over 4 years past when the Virgin Airways card went belly up....

Message 26 of 30
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@4sallypat wrote:

Congrats and welcome to the SG world of neat stuff to get!

I also got my SG Visa last month and was shocked at the SL since I had not had a Comenity account for over 4 years past when the Virgin Airways card went belly up....

Thank You for sharing your own surprise approval with me @4sallypat 

Wishing you more n more success as things come along for you.

Message 27 of 30
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Total80sKid wrote:

Congrats on the approval and congrats on getting rid of cards that no longer benefit you!

Thanks @Total80sKid 

It's just the nature of good card management for us isn't it.

To let loose of non growers and go for those that build.

Message 28 of 30
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Man, now that was a pretty cool post. 

Im glad it worked out for you and will be useful, congratulations on a sweet SP approval.

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 29 of 30
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

Man, now that was a pretty cool post. 

Im glad it worked out for you and will be useful, congratulations on a sweet SP approval.

Thanks @Mr_Mojo_Risin 

Very useful in a cattle, forests and farm land environment. Former city boy. 

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.