Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto CLI - Amazon Prime Visa Signature

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto CLI - Amazon Prime Visa Signature

Was pleasantly surprised when I logged into Chase today to find my Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature card had its limit increased from a meager $1,000.00 to...a slightly less meager $2,000.00, lol. Still exicted to see it double though! I've had the card since May of this year. 

How long should I wait after this auto CLI to request another increase? I use this card almost daily and would love to see it grow. 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto CLI - Amazon Prime Visa Signature

Just get another Chase card after a while and transfer limits
Message 2 of 14
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

I would give it 92 days from the last increase.

Message 3 of 14
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the auto-luv from Chase. I believe Chase will do an HP for any CLIs, so if you definitely need it, I would give it atleast 3-6 months.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the Chase CSR and at some point earlier this year ... May?.... I was awarded and auto CLI from $17.4 to $19.7. I have had the card for two years and never asked for a CLI. Last month my daughter got married and called and asked Chase for a CLI so I can put as much of the wedding cost on the card as I could to get the UR points. The rep told me it was declined and could not provide any specifics only that I would get a letter in the mail in a few weeks. 

That letter finally came this week and stated the reason they declined my CLI request is that I was not eligible for a CLI due to a "recent increase" of my CL. So apparently auto CLIs killed my ability to ask for one on my own. I would have asked for 30k not 19k - but I suppose asking for 30k certainly does not mean I would have gotten it - they still may have capped my request at a $2300 incease. 

Anyways - point to my babbling - for me - the auto CLI locks me out of manual CLI requests for what I am guessing is at least 6 months? 

Message 5 of 14
MrPSS
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the Chase Auto CLI!

Current: Gardening...

FICO 8: EX:TU:EQ:

As of Aug 2020. Total CL: $46,600; Goal: $50,000
Message 6 of 14
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 7 of 14
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats!!!

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Was pleasantly surprised when I logged into Chase today to find my Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature card had its limit increased from a meager $1,000.00 to...a slightly less meager $2,000.00, lol. Still exicted to see it double though! I've had the card since May of this year. 

How long should I wait after this auto CLI to request another increase? I use this card almost daily and would love to see it grow. 

If you don't mind me asking, at what point did chase approve you for the card. I really want it since I shop a ton on Amazon. I am at 4 months with my first discover card and 2 with the uber card. I wasn't aware the cl could be that low.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you don't mind me asking, at what point did chase approve you for the card. I really want it since I shop a ton on Amazon. I am at 4 months with my first discover card and 2 with the uber card. I wasn't aware the cl could be that low.

I was approved in May of this year. FICO 8 scores at the time were 701 EQ, 729 TU, and 710 EX. Chase used their own scoring system that had me at 627. Oldest age of accounts at time of app were 4 years, 10 months (2 installment loans) with 100% payment history. No collections, derogatory marks, etc. $36,000/year income. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.