Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic CLI before 91/3 with NAVY!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Automatic CLI before 91/3 with NAVY!!!

Guys,

Im so confused and shocked. I applied and was approved for the NFCU cash rewards on February 20, 2020. I had my 91/3 marked on my calendar and planned to ask for a cli at the end of May. Every morning I check all my credit card accounts out of habit and today I checked my cash rewards and realized something was off. At first I thought it was saying that my balance was $800 and I thought fraud. Then when I looked closer I see that my credit limit was increased to $1,000! 

Is this "normal"??!! Ive only had this card for about a 1 1/2 months. I've read just about as much as I could about this card on the forums and it was imbedded in my brain that I had to wait until my 91/3 to recieve an increase/and or chance at a second navy card. 

could this be that because if the craziness that's going on that navy is just being really generous right now? Can I double dip or just let it be? I'm very grateful to navy

D1978579-AA5B-4206-8CB5-DE21141DEDB9.jpeg

F8085413-D1BE-4220-B397-FCF59D4DA9E1.jpeg

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Automatic CLI before 91/3 with NAVY!!!

A nice surprise, grats Smiley Happy

Dont do business with them so cannot answer your questions, others will be along to help you with those.
Message 2 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats Smiley Happy

Technically its an account change that would push your next cli out 6 months but in this case i believe its Navy helping out its members without extending loans. You should still stick to your 91/3 schedule as i see this as more a nice anomalySmiley Happy

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your CLI.

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Message 5 of 17
EverForward
Established Contributor

Congratulations!  That's great news!

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Congrats Smiley Happy

Technically its an account change that would push your next cli out 6 months but in this case i believe its Navy helping out its members without extending loans. You should still stick to your 91/3 schedule as i see this as more a nice anomalySmiley Happy

Ahhh, okay! Thank you for the info!

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congratulations!

Thank you!

Message 9 of 17
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.