Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awesome BofA CLI

tag
MACFRME
Frequent Contributor

Re: Awesome BofA CLI

It did take until today for the CLI to show up, which freaked me out a bit. I wish they offered better rewards for dining.
Cards I Carry
$7.5K $23K $5k $300(SEC) $500 $300 $1,500 $800 $800
Total Available Credit: $39.7k | FICOS: EX 659 | EQ 661 | TU 673
Message 11 of 17
HiLine
Blogger

Message 12 of 17
kayvee_
Regular Contributor

How long did you wait for requesting the CLI? I am hitting the 6 month mark in a few days. 

Message 13 of 17
MACFRME
Frequent Contributor

I opened the card in mid-April. An analyst told me that you have to wait 5 months to unsecure, so I called in late September to request graduation and a CLI. I continued to use it as normal, and then requested the CLI via phone the day I made this post. I had larger lines at that point, and BofA takes that into account. I had CLs reporting in the $10k to $15k range and told them I wanted to use this card more, but needed more room. They approved. I would say go for it now if you have some bargaining chips (i.e. heavy use, other cards with better limits, a good score, a banking relationship).

Cards I Carry
$7.5K $23K $5k $300(SEC) $500 $300 $1,500 $800 $800
Total Available Credit: $39.7k | FICOS: EX 659 | EQ 661 | TU 673
Message 14 of 17
kayvee_
Regular Contributor

@MACFRME wrote:

I opened the card in mid-April. An analyst told me that you have to wait 5 months to unsecure, so I called in late September to request graduation and a CLI. I continued to use it as normal, and then requested the CLI via phone the day I made this post. I had larger lines at that point, and BofA takes that into account. I had CLs reporting in the $10k to $15k range and told them I wanted to use this card more, but needed more room. They approved. I would say go for it now if you have some bargaining chips (i.e. heavy use, other cards with better limits, a good score, a banking relationship).

I have some GE cards coming up to their routine 4 month mark. I think I am going to try those first before pulling BofA trigger, becuase my score dropped when I bought a car. Smiley Mad

Thanks!

Message 15 of 17
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

That's a nice CLI Congrats!

Message 16 of 17
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@MACFRME wrote:
Also just upgraded to Visa Signature via online chat. I wonder how many others have a Visa Signature Better Balance Rewards card. The only way you can get this one is through conversion.

I didn't even know they offered this card in a Siggy. I got mine in May, 2013 with a 12.5k limit. Just recently got CLI to 20 k, and mine is still a regular card.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.