Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awesome Disco Luv

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome Disco Luv

Hey folk! Just wanted to share the cool news. I applied for Discover back in Aug with a pretty thin profile (AAoA ~3yrs, but only four cards, each with less than $700 SL, and one car loan). I had just closed on my first house (with help rebuilding my credit from this site!) and wanted some more wiggle room in cards. On a whim, I applied and got a message to call them. I called, and they wanted to just verify it was me, because I had put my new address. After verify, they approved me with a limit of $9500. Awesome limit considering my previous options. I used this as my primary card, and wanted to take advantage of the 2x cash back, so I used it for some big purchases, which brought me to around 30% utilization. I kept bouncing up and down around that limit for a while just juggling purchases around the holidays and such. But once the holidays were over, we buckled down and paid off a chunk of it, which helped my score just a little bit. 

I had hit the luv button about two times in that period with instant denials. So I was unsure. So just after my payment in Jan, I hit the luv button again, and wouldn't you know it, instant $4000 cli. I was estatic. I tried to double dip, but they wanted to do a HP to do so, so I declined (i'll be trading in my car soon and already have a few inquiries). What an awesome increase, though! 

As a reference, I got an Amex BCE at the same time as the Discover, with a $1400 balance, and they have yet to approve a CLI, too. So this was even better new on my daily driver.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Awesome Disco Luv

Nice job! Congratulations.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice. Congrats!
Message 3 of 6
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

CONGRATUTIONS.gif

Message 4 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Big Grats, seems like classic DiscoSmiley Wink They want to be your best friend for sureSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks folks! It's definitely been fun building so far.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.