Not applicable

Re: Awesome PenFed Approval

Crazy good SL, congrats! 

Message 11 of 17
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@ashjt2011 wrote:
Applied a year ago or so at PenFed, denied. I tried the survey, a separate recon but they wouldn’t budge on even a $500 dollar starting line. They stated I had to many inquiries.

I kept my $25 in my savings with them and just let it sit for the last year or so. I hadn’t applied for any credit and a bunch of my old inquiries from applying for a car 2 years ago fell off. The only thing was my mortgage inquiries.

I decided to try again, since my scores are now 700 and I had a bunch of inquiries drop off, thinking maybe I’d get 3k-5k if I were lucky.

To my surprise - Auto approved for $39,500 starting line! I am still in shock about it!

Congratulations. A tribute to the virtue of patience Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 12 of 17
Prosper777
Valued Member

Just to clarify, have you been approved for an AUTO LOAN for $39,500; that's what I understood and have seen on their quarterly "offers for you" online, or a credit card with a starting line that awesome? Congrats either way!!

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, OP.

Some stats would be much appreciated by the scuffling masses.

Message 14 of 17
ashjt2011
Regular Contributor

Sorry if I wasn’t clear. I was auto approved for a starting line on a Credit Card. It was a cold app.

My Fico8 ranged between 690-706. Income
Household is 155k, Ch 7 discharged 4 years ago, 4 inq for mortgage in the last year.
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy holy holy holy smokes!!!!! Thats a crazy approval. Congratulations OP!!!
Message 16 of 17
Prosper777
Valued Member

@ashjt2011 wrote:
Sorry if I wasn’t clear. I was auto approved for a starting line on a Credit Card. It was a cold app.

My Fico8 ranged between 690-706. Income
Household is 155k, Ch 7 discharged 4 years ago, 4 inq for mortgage in the last year.

I've never heard Penfed was so generous with starting lines like yours, congratulations once again, that is amazing; enjoy!!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.