cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ax defies all logic and reason. Amazing, really.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ax defies all logic and reason. Amazing, really.

thanks for the heads up!

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

man..and still get a $16k sli..

maybe i should apply just to see what i would get, but i dont even prequalify for BCP.

You don't have to. 

If you prequalify for any AMEX revolver like BCE or ED, you can get any of them. AMEX just picks three cards and presents them to you. 

Message 21 of 41
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

If you prequalify for any AMEX revolver like BCE or ED, you can get any of them. AMEX just picks three cards and presents them to you. 

to an existing user or a new applicant?  you are saying to either if one is pre-approaved one can get any card?  I am not sure I buy that, existing account holder sort of as there is no hp so it costs nothing to try but for a non-amex holder what is your proof to this rule?  Thank you

Message 22 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bourgogne wrote:

to an existing user or a new applicant?  you are saying to either if one is pre-approaved one can get any card?  I am not sure I buy that, existing account holder sort of as there is no hp so it costs nothing to try but for a non-amex holder what is your proof to this rule?  Thank you

The rule has always been said that if you prequalify for any of the core revolvers, you can get any of them, since they have the same UW. It wouldn't really make sense any other way since they already have higher UW than charge cards do and they all have low minimums. Some higher AF cobrand cards may not be included since they have higher minimum limits but the core cards get issued with $500-$1K limits all the time. 

Message 23 of 41
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

The rule has always been said that if you prequalify for any of the core revolvers, you can get any of them, since they have the same UW. It wouldn't really make sense any other way since they already have higher UW than charge cards do and they all have low minimums. Some higher AF cobrand cards may not be included since they have higher minimum limits but the core cards get issued with $500-$1K limits all the time. 

makes sense but not really a rule to me,  more of a credit folk story or a possible guideline, I mean nobody but ax knows about the internal uw schemes between revolvers or really any of these rules.  I always heard one needed a amazon biz prime account to get a biz prime card but not true as I am using my new one as I type for 5% off a standard account.  such is life and rules

Message 24 of 41
althes
Frequent Contributor

That's interesting, AMEX just amazes me.

I have a gold for 28 years and still can't get a revolver.

I have almost 400k on the personal side just 10k away.

Amex just keeps giving me 1 reason and I accept it.

My EX has 1 baddie and as soon as that goes I will apply again.

I am only using the Gold for travel and that 100 for jet blue is good on luggage.

Other than that the Gold will go into the ice box.

I used the Gold on vacation came back and paid it off in full.

Applied and got the NO.

I understand its a business decision, so my business decision is all spend goes to BOFA.

Message 25 of 41
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

$400k is the reason I would think.  nobody needs that amount of personal credit imo.  business I can see it, personal no way

Message 26 of 41
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Sweet, Congrats!
Message 27 of 41
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

I really have to wonder if there is a little leadway given for products that have an AF. My first Amex was BCE and the earths tectonic plates moved faster than my SL of $1000. I bit on an upgrade offer to BCP mid last year and then Amex finally gave me a 3X CLI to $24K

.... But $16K with all the lates and no job? I guess the trust could be seen as bullet-proof income that one couldn't be "laid off" from, along with lack of recent inquiries and no debt. Amex's algorithms are seeing something positive in this guy? confused.gif

Message 28 of 41
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

Congratulations! Gonna play it safe and just

say WTG!!!!

Message 29 of 41
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@ChargedUp wrote:

I really have to wonder if there is a little leadway given for products that have an AF. My first Amex was BCE and the earths tectonic plates moved faster than my SL of $1000. I bit on an upgrade offer to BCP mid last year and then Amex finally gave me a 3X CLI to $24K

.... But $16K with all the lates and no job? I guess the trust could be seen as bullet-proof income that one couldn't be "laid off" from, along with lack of recent inquiries and no debt. Amex's algorithms are seeing something positive in this guy? confused.gif

all 3 of the offers had AFs so I thought there was something to that as well.  I am trying to be nice and high level here but the kid is a total flake even with his mental issues.  I am happy to help his mom in anyway I can but honestly this is the last person I would give that kind of credit to.  as I mentioned the objective is for the kid to have credit if he ever gets a grip.  she might use the card a bit and not give it to him to achive this goal.  to expand on this he also charged off a sync / paypal account that pra carried to the turn of $3K which I settled for $2K.  he did not even remember having the account or burning them.  he is way out there, a real lost soul.  shame as his mom is great.  its torture for her to see and deal with such a lost individual.  its the reason I help.  helping him helps her feel better about him.

Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.