cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B&H Photo and Video Payboo store card (Synchrony)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

B&H Photo and Video Payboo store card (Synchrony)

I decided to pull the trigger on the B&H Photo and Video Payboo store card (Sync) since I am long time customer.  The B&H credit card is designed to rebate your sales tax when you order items from their store, thus nullifying the recent supreme court decision to collect sales tax from every state.  Sync surprised me and pulled EX, and not TU.  Instant approval of a $4500 SL!

Data points: EX 744, TU 776, FAKO 789, Utilization 2%, AAoA 24 yrs, AU on Amex Gold (1998), Approved Discover It (Jun 2018), 17549 anl inc.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Re: B&H Photo and Video Payboo store card (Synchrony)

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 2 of 6
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I decided to pull the trigger on the B&H Photo and Video Payboo store card (Sync) since I am long time customer.  The B&H credit card is designed to rebate your sales tax when you order items from their store, thus nullifying the recent supreme court decision to collect sales tax from every state.  Sync surprised me and pulled EX, and not TU.  Instant approval of a $4500 SL!

Data points: EX 744, TU 776, FAKO 789, Utilization 2%, AAoA 24 yrs, AU on Amex Gold (1998), Approved Discover It (Jun 2018), 17549 anl inc.

Thought they don't charge tax anyway but that maybe depends on the state you are in. Congrats

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 3 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

What a mouthfulSmiley Wink. Sounds like Peek a BooSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 6
Five6Two
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Thank you for the DP’s!
Siggy under construction Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did anyone have experience with denial of this card from Synchrony for vague and wrong reasons?

You can read more detailed version of my case at https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Synchrony-Denied-BH-Payboo-Credit-Card-For... In short, they denied this credit card, stating three times 3 different reasons (bankruptcy, too many credit inquiries and finally credit report is potentially indicative of invalid identity). While first two (bankruptcy and credit inquiries) turned out flat wrong (Synchrony acknowledged this), they sticked with the third one of invalid identity. My household has pristine credit history with FICOs above 800, no missed payments, paying off all debt by the end of month, no intsallment debt at this point, above median income, never been denide a credit card in the past 10+ years. Calling credit bureau that Synchrony bank used for making this decision, I confirmed that our credit history is clean and they see nothing wrong that would indicate invalid identity. Even after conveying this information to Synchrony, they refused to cooperate with me further.

The bottom line is this. Be very careful applying with Synchrony if you care about your credit history. Read my longer story in the above referenced link for lessons learned. Although I would like to have this card, I decided to no longer apply with Synchrony again for their negligence and harm it can do to my credit history. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.