B of A - Approval after recon - Immediate regret

tag
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Re: B of A - Approval after recon - Immediate regret

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Now here this: So What?

DO NOT SWEAT IT,

This is your first BofA Card with them and with many starting out this is how they test you.

Run the thing to death, PIF and call them in about 3 months and tell them surely an increase can serve us both better than this. Then get that first CLI and run with that one, so on and so forth.

BofA is a long termer, meaning they like to see you work their card even with a Ugh start limit and i can bet you credits to navy beans in a year it will be $10K and more if not sooner,

They are rapid to grow but you just have to give them that time and correspond directly when necessary.

They thrive on correspondence and will go the extra mile.

Mine started at $1K and today is 30K and climbing!

CONGRATULATIONS! Smiley Happy

Holy crap, 30k? That is insane. I will likely have to close some cards due to debt to income ratio. Or better yet, the amount of credit to income ratio if that is even a thing? Either way, I will keep the card. And unlike my store cards I no longer use i will not let it go the way of the Dodo  from non-usage. My AMEX ED card is at $500 as well and it didn't bother me too much since my BCP was at $2K SL. I think its more agitating that I couldn't wait. But, I wanted a good BT card but with $500 SL I can't use it for that. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 21 of 46
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@morgacj2004 wrote:

I totally get it. I have done that on a few occasions myself such as getting the Cabelas and Sears cards when I never shop there.! 

I felt the same way after Cabelas. Especially since their business is the same nature as my own and I can get everything the sell from my own distributor at cost on terms. My ex and i burned Sears in a CH7 back in 01 so I doubt I could get their card. lol 

Updated 1-25-18
Message 22 of 46
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Now here this: So What?

Run the thing to death, PIF and call them in about 3 months and tell them surely an increase can serve us both better than this. Then get that first CLI and run with that one, so on and so forth.

^^This. Well, maybe not run it to death. I'd use it for things you'd be paying for otherwise, then paying in full or paying immediately.

You have a lot of cards that you want or need to leave alone, but I don't see that applying to this one. You may as well shift some day-to-day spending over to the new card and hope it grows.

You bring up a good point. The APR, while not great, is one of my lower ones and probably has the best chance of going down compared to some of my higher limit Sync cards. Maybe I make this my daily driver for gas/gaming subscription and just put steady usage on it and PIF. I used to use Disco for that but they are SD'd right now. 

Updated 1-25-18
Message 23 of 46
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Did you get the signup bonus with the recon?

Message 24 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, I am only reading this because it is posted on this site, I didn' t go dumpster diving and stumbled upon it.

Yet, it "Screams" at least in my mind:   Impulse Control Issues.

What is going on?

If you need help, put your smart phone in a large Tupperware container, fill it with water, and FREEZE it.

Or if is a laptop, toss it into a Rubbermaid tub, fill it with water, and FREEZE it in the Sub Zero Freezer you have in your garage.

But you can't continue submitting applications for credit cards, regretting it, and then posting that you already have 28 cards in your possession ! ! ! !

Headline:  Approval after recon - Immediate regret

Like an idiot I app'd a "preselected" offer for the Cash Rewards Visa. Got the 30 day notice. Got mad at myself for falling for this "offer" and called in. 1-800-601-3923 which is for business recons but the guy transferred me to personal. Talked to another guy and he approved it for $500. 20.74 APR. A wasted card until it grows but I guess atleast its not a HP for nothing. I regretted apping as soon as I hit submit. My first approval I was not happy about. I think I am going to freeze my reports so I don't app anything else. 

@MyLoFICO wrote:

I don't doubt it is a good card and will grow. My son has one and loves it and his has grown nicely. What makes it virtually useless to me is I didn't need it. I have 28 cards already. I wanted it, didn't need it and should not have app'd it. That is my only regret.

I'm really at a loss here.

Message 25 of 46
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@MrDisco99 wrote:

You know, I really don't know. Until you mentioned it I did not eve noticed the $150 bonus part. I did get the 3% on gas but not sure about the $150 bonus. 

Updated 1-25-18
Message 26 of 46
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So, I am only reading this because it is posted on this site, I didn' t go dumpster diving and stumbled upon it.

Yet, it "Screams" at least in my mind:   Impulse Control Issues.

What is going on?

If you need help, put your smart phone in a large Tupperware container, fill it with water, and FREEZE it.

Or if is a laptop, toss it into a Rubbermaid tub, fill it with water, and FREEZE it in the Sub Zero Freezer you have in your garage.

But you can't continue submitting applications for credit cards, regretting it, and then posting that you already have 28 cards in your possession ! ! ! !

Headline:  Approval after recon - Immediate regret

Like an idiot I app'd a "preselected" offer for the Cash Rewards Visa. Got the 30 day notice. Got mad at myself for falling for this "offer" and called in. 1-800-601-3923 which is for business recons but the guy transferred me to personal. Talked to another guy and he approved it for $500. 20.74 APR. A wasted card until it grows but I guess atleast its not a HP for nothing. I regretted apping as soon as I hit submit. My first approval I was not happy about. I think I am going to freeze my reports so I don't app anything else. 

@MyLoFICO wrote:

I don't doubt it is a good card and will grow. My son has one and loves it and his has grown nicely. What makes it virtually useless to me is I didn't need it. I have 28 cards already. I wanted it, didn't need it and should not have app'd it. That is my only regret.

I'm really at a loss here.

I am struggling to understand why you are at a loss. There are many here with self control issues, one only needs to peruse the Garden thread to see this. So, that begs the question, does your post have a point other than to demonstrate your proficiency with fonts, colors, and tags? Although, I will say I found myself eagerly anticipating the use of a few of my favorite emoticons. One particular being Smiley Sad I like smileysad. He makes me laugh, and I found several locations in your text where he would have fit right in.  Poor smileysad Smiley Sad

Updated 1-25-18
Message 27 of 46
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@MyLoFICO wrote:

@MrDisco99 wrote:

You know, I really don't know. Until you mentioned it I did not eve noticed the $150 bonus part. I did get the 4% on gas but not sure about the $150 bonus. 

4% gas!?  I didn't get that offer...

Message 28 of 46
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@MrDisco99 wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

@MrDisco99 wrote:

You know, I really don't know. Until you mentioned it I did not eve noticed the $150 bonus part. I did get the 4% on gas but not sure about the $150 bonus. 

4% gas!?  I didn't get that offer...

lol. I meant 3%. I'll fix it. 

Updated 1-25-18
Message 29 of 46
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

To OP. Not sure why u r so upset. You are getting a good card with no AF and a $150 signup bonus. Some people make a huge deal about too many inquiries, accounts however my personal experience is that my scores have gradually risen despite my many inquiries, churning and opening/closing new accts. I would chill and enjoy the xtra money of course if u don't need it send it my way

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 30 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.