cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B of A Cash Rewards Approved $2500, But....

tag
Dave4fun
Regular Contributor

B of A Cash Rewards Approved $2500, But....

Well, yes approved…..but I was absolutely stunned by the small starting credit line. I expected at least $20K. I kept looking for the other 0 at the end of $2500. B of A has constantly loaded my mailbox with offers for months now. This Cash Rewards card I researched on MyFico and through B of A information resources. And, of course their lovely SP credit line increases. It seemed like a good fit. I thought I would be putting my summer travel on it and earn 3% in the category. Not so sure about that now. In fact rather doubtful, the limit is too small to work with.

I did not need this card, just thought well it seems like a good fit and I had a great relationship with B of A years ago. We drifted apart but I had 2 credit cards and a large personal line of credit. Eventually they were closed but again on good terms. In fact I was quite happy with them, but then other lenders come along with new product offers. 

Data Points: 0 Inquiries, FICO 8 is 750 on Experian ( I believe they pull Experian, I’m in CA). 755 on TU and EQ. Income is 6 figures. Lowest credit line for my accounts is $4K and that is my Chevron gas card. All the others are $10K - $40K. Signature has other details.

So, color me purple, or perplexed, I am really stunned by the low limit.

FICO 8 EQ: 841, TU: 842, EX: 842 Total Rev CL: $547,000 - CHASE/CITIBANK/DISCOVER/ USBANK/AMEX/COMENITY AMEX /BMO/NORDSTROM/MACYS/FNBO/ JCPENNY/TARGET/CHEVRON/1ST UNITED CU/PATELCO CU/SYNCHRONY/ VENMO VISA Sig/ DILLARDS AMEX/ PENFED PLAT REWARDS/PENFED PLOC/WELLS FARGO. AAoA 13 years
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: B of A Cash Rewards Approved $2500, But....

Sorry. Hopefully it can be reconned to a workable limit.

Message 2 of 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your approval 

It will grow in time 

Message 3 of 13
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Welcome to the new BofA. They start you low and after a few years of history, let you SP up to $99k if your income supports it.

Message 4 of 13
Dave4fun
Regular Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Welcome to the new BofA. They start you low and after a few years of history, let you SP up to $99k if your income supports it.

Thanks @ Brian...  That is what I was thinking, I guess...So anyway I will put the $1K on for the sub, then SD and try for CLI this Fall. 

FICO 8 EQ: 841, TU: 842, EX: 842 Total Rev CL: $547,000 - CHASE/CITIBANK/DISCOVER/ USBANK/AMEX/COMENITY AMEX /BMO/NORDSTROM/MACYS/FNBO/ JCPENNY/TARGET/CHEVRON/1ST UNITED CU/PATELCO CU/SYNCHRONY/ VENMO VISA Sig/ DILLARDS AMEX/ PENFED PLAT REWARDS/PENFED PLOC/WELLS FARGO. AAoA 13 years
Message 5 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Dave4fun wrote:

Thanks @ Brian...  That is what I was thinking, I guess...So anyway I will put the $1K on for the sub, then SD and try for CLI this Fall. 

SDing the card is not going to get you CLIs with BoA, they want use. Grats on the new card and you can pay if and recharge multi times in a month with them.

Message 6 of 13
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Dave4fun wrote:

At least you can SP CLIs now. But like gdale said, they want use.

Message 7 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Based on the signature details, it would appear that they felt comfortable with the SL at this point given your overall exposure. Again, it's all profile specific plus as others mentioned upthread, it'll grow over time *if* you use the card. SD'ing after the SUB isn't really gonna help much.

Of the TCL listed in your signature, on average, how much are you cycling through your lines and are you letting any of that activity report consistently?
Message 8 of 13
Dave4fun
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
Based on the signature details, it would appear that they felt comfortable with the SL at this point given your overall exposure. Again, it's all profile specific plus as others mentioned upthread, it'll grow over time *if* you use the card. SD'ing after the SUB isn't really gonna help much.

Of the TCL listed in your signature, on average, how much are you cycling through your lines and are you letting any of that activity report consistently?

Great Question FinStar!  Four cards typically carry a a couple hundred or less  each month. I have car payment, loan is half paid off from 2016. Of course Mortgage. I have 3 Chase cards, I always let those report, because right after they report I pay them off and they report the zero balance right away. I love Chase for that! Disco is Daily Driver. Run $500 - $1000 a month, usually PIF b-4 statement cut, but sometimes will let a couple of hundred report. 

Message 9 of 13
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Now where’s your approval thread for your HUGE new Barclay card? 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.