Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BACK WITH CHASE - FOUR YEARS POST BANKRUPTCY

tag
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

BACK WITH CHASE - FOUR YEARS POST BANKRUPTCY

FINALLY!!!!

Been eyeing the Chase Amazon Card since I pretty much live there, but have been afraid to with my Chapter 7 BK that was discharged back in 2014...  Finally bit the bullet today, and, low and behold, got an instant denial (due to the BK, I am sure).  I wanted that $70.00 gift card, why, I do not know, but, the card now offers 5% cash back on Amazon purchases, as well, so, that is an even nicer perk!

I called the recon line posted on here, got an amazing credit analyst named Drew, who, after 20 minutes or so and answering about 20 questions about my credit file, BK, etc, reversed my denial and approved me for $2,000!

While it is my lowest limit across all my cards, I am happy to finally be back with Chase and build a relationship again, especially after burning them in my BK.

They pulled both Experian and Equifax, EQ was 694 (tons of INQs from recent car shopping) and EX was 741.

I am happy - now, back to the garden!!!

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BACK WITH CHASE - FOUR YEARS POST BANKRUPTCY

Congrats and well done on recon.  Now that you're back with them future cards should get easier to be approved for.

Message 2 of 21
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

I hope, but, at the moment, there is nothing really out there that I need...so, back to the garden...

I know this one is now the 5th of the 5/24 rule they have, but, hey, that's okay.  If I garden for two years, then all is right with the world...

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 3 of 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats...  I suppose there is an exception for every rule as last I heard Chase was a hard denial until BK was off reports, but apparently if you get the right person that isn't the case.. So it isn't like the 5/24 rule where it can't be turned over by computer programming it appears the UW o have a bit of wiggle room..  Sure alot of people here will like to hear that good news.

edit: also burnt them in the BK which makes it more surpising.  4 years and the are willing to overlook it, better than most creditors

Message 4 of 21
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

It was a hard denial, but, not without credit pulls to both bureaus before that, as others had mentioned happened to them (immediately rejection with no pulls).  However, the app for the Amazon card did not ask me if I had filed for a BK in the last seven years (which maybe triggers the rejection - not sure??), but it was immediately declined.

I called 888-270-2127 - and got right through.

I was shocked they even approved me.  He asked what limit I was looking for, and based on what I had read, simply state you are willing to get whatever they will offer, and just want to build the relationship again with them...

I'll take it, that's for sure...

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approval

Message 6 of 21
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

I take it Chase wasn't included in your BK, correct??

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 7 of 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Jnbmom wrote:

OP said chase was IIB

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the recon!
Message 9 of 21
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

OP said chase was IIB

Thanks, I didn't see that part lol.

Wow that's awesome, 13 years and they won't touch me LOL

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.