Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BARCLAYS

tag
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

Re: BARCLAYS

I had to recon with mid 600s and I was denied for inquiries. Only reason.

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 21 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! I was going to apply for a better barclay card but I didn't have much faith so I just applied for the apple rewards. I realize the mistake I made already, and I havent even received the card in the mail yet! Smiley Sad

Message 22 of 37
elim
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations! I was going to apply for a better barclay card but I didn't have much faith so I just applied for the apple rewards. I realize the mistake I made already, and I havent even received the card in the mail yet! Smiley Sad

It's ok.  You can move the limit later when you grab the card you want.  I would call Barclay and let them know you are trying to finance a high-end Apple item and will be needing a higher limit without another pull. That seems to be how it's done with that card.

ETA quote

Message 23 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will definitely try that. 2k is a fairly decent limit for me considering the fact that I'm a student with fairly low income and short credit history. I will definitely try that after I receive the card and I will update you. The woman I spoke with to verify my identity was very friendly, so hopefully I get her again. Any customer service is great after dealing with capital one's foreign reps that I can barely understand Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 37
elim
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Will definitely try that. 2k is a fairly decent limit for me considering the fact that I'm a student with fairly low income and short credit history. I will definitely try that after I receive the card and I will update you. The woman I spoke with to verify my identity was very friendly, so hopefully I get her again. Any customer service is great after dealing with capital one's foreign reps that I can barely understand Smiley Happy

I have never had anything but great and pleasant service from Barclay Bank Delaware. great reps.

congrats on the card. at least you're in  :]

Message 25 of 37
degs138
Established Contributor

Nice job with that score. I'm up to a 9.5k limit on my Barclay. It will grow!

FICO TU 757 Eq 741 116,900 Total revolving Credit.
Favorite cards: AMEX BCP, US Bank Cash+, Chase Sapphire Prefered
Message 26 of 37
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Very nice indeed with that score...Barclay won't even through a look in my direction since I burned them in my Ch. 13...

Message 27 of 37
djshifted
Regular Contributor

Congrats!  The Barclay Rewards MC was my first unsecured major CC on my rebuilding journey, and they've treated me well over the past 2 years.

Starting Scores (12/2012):EX 506; EQ 511; TU 518 | Current Scores (01/2016):EX 662; EQ 656; TU 653
Message 28 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

whats your profile like? any charge offs or baddies?

Message 29 of 37
djshifted
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

whats your profile like? any charge offs or baddies?

Quite a number when I was approved, they seem forgiving of some past baddies if you're more recent (1+ year) has been good.

Starting Scores (12/2012):EX 506; EQ 511; TU 518 | Current Scores (01/2016):EX 662; EQ 656; TU 653
Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.