Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB&T Bright Card Approval

tag
seattlecredit08
Frequent Contributor

BB&T Bright Card Approval

Applied over the past weekend for BB&T Bright card.

Received the dreaderd "5-7 days" message (it was actually "In 2-3 business days, you’ll receive an email telling you whether the application has been approved or denied.")

Tried to call their number-- all I was told is that my application was "Pending," with no further information available.

This morning received the approval email.

Data points:

• Cold app, no prior relationship with BB&T
  • Pulled EQ. In fact, application resulted in 2 hard EQ inquiries -- one EQ inquiry on the day of the application and one more the next day. Smiley Mad
  • EQ FICO 8 was around 770 at the time of the application-- my strongest report by far (which is the reason I applied for this card in the first place, knowing that they pull EQ)
  • Around 4-5 inquiries on file (all within the last 6-9 months)
  • Approval not instant, about 5 days, with notification by email
  • Approved for just over $10,000 limit

Question:

• Has anyone else seen a douple EQ inquiry when applying for a BB&T card? Should I ask them to remove the extra inquiry or I have no chance of being successful here?

As always, thanks for the info on this board!!!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BB&T Bright Card Approval

Congrats on your approval and nice SL for that bank.

With regards on the double pull both from EQ I would call them and explain that they double pulled your EQ one the day of the application and one the next day and ask them to recode one of the HP's to a SP although don't call normal CSR number, but try to get someone in UW that understand it more in lingo.  Explain the situation and hopefully they will.  If you dispute it with the CRA they will just says inquiries are factual and not get anywhere by that method.  Best of luck

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and nice SL! I have read on here that others have received numerous HPs as well. It may just be how that bank handles their apps. Not a bad gain from two pulls though.

tenor.gif

Message 3 of 9
SUMRFUN
Established Member

Congrats on the approval.  when reading your data points, I actually thought you had tapped into my own.  My stats are identical on the EQ with a 770 and 5 inquiries.  Applied for the travel spectrum card, online, on 10/6/18 because of the reported "no foreign transaction fee" benefit. Got the text messages of 2 to 3 days for approval, which was 5 days.  No card yet in the mail, as of today, 10/19/18, but a letter with the "price of credit you pay" info.  No information on the credit limit or APR, as BB&T operator hold time is 30 minutes or more....hahaha....I'll just wait it out.

As of 7/22: FICO EX-794 EQ-792 TU-798
Total Credit Limits $255K = Credit util 1% overall AAoA 5.2 years...All thanks to the forum!
Message 4 of 9
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

CONGRATUTIONS.gif

Message 5 of 9
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

what was "special" about travel spectrum BB&T card? do they have b/t cards?

Message 7 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats. Yes it should have been a 1 HP. Got the Spectrum few months ago for the higher gas % when Disco is not in its gas catagory. One thing is they do quarterly Vantage Score. Whoopie!!!!!!!

Message 8 of 9
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

When i applied for the travel spectrum card i was approved for it right away for 5500. It's a good card for SUB and no fee in the first year. I plan to cancel this next year though

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.