BB&T Bright Card; SP; APPROVED!!

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: BB&T Bright Card; SP; APPROVED!!

@Anonymous wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for the heads up on BB&T. I've been carefully building my profile after bouncing back from old issues and cleaning up my credit. I was essentially starting over last year, and I managed to get approved for a Cap One QS1 with a $200 CL (raised to $500 6 months later), and then a Chase Freedom for another $500 last October. I wasted an inquiry applying for a preapproved Discover offer the same day and got turned down for too many inquiries.

But the inquiries actually increased my score somehow, and combined with keeping my usage below 6% I went from a 556 EQ last year to a 726 EQ (759 EX) as of yesterday. I read your post, and with a total available credit of only $1000, I pulled the trigger on BB&T and got pre-approved for all three BB&T, ranging from 13.24% on the Bright to 15.24% on the Spectrum Cash. I picked the Spectrum for the cash back and was instantly approved for an $8000 CL. I can confirm based on my alerts that they did a soft pull on Equifax only. So thank you again for a great call!

Congratulations on your approval! I would be dipping my toe back into that pool for repeat visits. Smiley Wink

Oh don't worry, I will be Smiley Very Happy - I'm trying to work out my next steps especially since I dodged an HP on this one... I'm wondering if I should acquire an additional credit line (especially before this one reports as a new account) so that they age together or just chill and spread them out.

If you can avoid any hp's on your EQ you might continue to receive sp preapproval with BB&T.  I might be wrong but once I got a hp on my EQ I didn't get another preapproval for like 3 months.  Now that I've app'd with Suntrust and added a bazillion other cards (hps on EQ and the others of course) BB&T is ignoring me.

So if you CAN avoid hp's on EQ for the time being that might help preserve your gravy train ticket.  (sp's on EQ won't matter)

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 21 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for the heads up on BB&T. I've been carefully building my profile after bouncing back from old issues and cleaning up my credit. I was essentially starting over last year, and I managed to get approved for a Cap One QS1 with a $200 CL (raised to $500 6 months later), and then a Chase Freedom for another $500 last October. I wasted an inquiry applying for a preapproved Discover offer the same day and got turned down for too many inquiries.

But the inquiries actually increased my score somehow, and combined with keeping my usage below 6% I went from a 556 EQ last year to a 726 EQ (759 EX) as of yesterday. I read your post, and with a total available credit of only $1000, I pulled the trigger on BB&T and got pre-approved for all three BB&T, ranging from 13.24% on the Bright to 15.24% on the Spectrum Cash. I picked the Spectrum for the cash back and was instantly approved for an $8000 CL. I can confirm based on my alerts that they did a soft pull on Equifax only. So thank you again for a great call!

Congratulations on your approval! I would be dipping my toe back into that pool for repeat visits. Smiley Wink

Oh don't worry, I will be Smiley Very Happy - I'm trying to work out my next steps especially since I dodged an HP on this one... I'm wondering if I should acquire an additional credit line (especially before this one reports as a new account) so that they age together or just chill and spread them out.

If you can avoid any hp's on your EQ you might continue to receive sp preapproval with BB&T.  I might be wrong but once I got a hp on my EQ I didn't get another preapproval for like 3 months.  Now that I've app'd with Suntrust and added a bazillion other cards (hps on EQ and the others of course) BB&T is ignoring me.

So if you CAN avoid hp's on EQ for the time being that might help preserve your gravy train ticket.  (sp's on EQ won't matter)

When do you think I should try the prequal again?

Message 22 of 36
GApeachy
Super Contributor

30 days....to as far out as 45 days out.  It just depends.  Some ppl here get their cards pdq, report the card pdq and then there's my scenario...slow to report, card comes snail mail 10+ days later.  The prequals will disappear but they will come back, assuming your profile remains pretty much unchanged on EQ.

Just wait for your card, start using it, enjoy it and occassionally check the prequal....as soon as you get the offers, hit'em up.  It's roughly 30-45 day wait between apps.  Not bad.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 23 of 36
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

30 days....to as far out as 45 days out.  It just depends.  Some ppl here get their cards pdq, report the card pdq and then there's my scenario...slow to report, card comes snail mail 10+ days later.  The prequals will disappear but they will come back, assuming your profile remains pretty much unchanged on EQ.

Just wait for your card, start using it, enjoy it and occassionally check the prequal....as soon as you get the offers, hit'em up.  It's roughly 30-45 day wait between apps.  Not bad.

Bummer that I am geo-fenced from BB&TSmiley Sad

Message 24 of 36
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@M_Smart007  Not if you move. Smiley Wink

Message 25 of 36
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@AllZero, Can I do a Virtual move?Smiley Tongue

Message 26 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

It's good to keep your current address up to date with the CB's to prevent any verification hiccups when applying for credit. On a completely unrelated note, as someone who moves from time to time I've always enjoyed the convenience of a mailbox service (not a PO Box) to handle my mailing needs. It's so much easier than updating all those pesky relatives and whatnot every time my mailing address changes. Smiley Wink

Message 27 of 36
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

It's good to keep your current address up to date with the CB's to prevent any verification hickups when applying for credit. On a completely unrelated note, as someone who moves from time to time I've always enjoyed the convenience of a mailbox service (not a PO Box) to handle my mailing needs. It's so much easier than updating all those pesky relatives and whatnot every time my mailing address changes. Smiley Wink

Thanks for the tipSmiley Happy

Message 28 of 36
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous   Welcome to the forum!

Message 29 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I've been lurking for quite a while, but using this forum has actually pushed me to the next level - I'm honestly shocked, and also thrilled to contribute whatever I can.

Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.