Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB&T Bright Visa approved

tag
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: BB&T Bright Visa approved

Congrats OP.

I've had the "Bright" card for a couple of years (currently $12.5k CL), fairly low APR and just a card that works for what I need - no rewards which is the trade off for the lower APR and 12 months 0% intro promotion. Their web site is 10 years out of date and you can't pay from an outside account but can "push" a payment from say DCU (which is what I use). I used to use BB&T for all of my business accounts, but when I closed my business the relationship kind of went south. I use the card as kind of a "reserve" but not everyday spending. Doesn't seem to be very popular card on this forum I suppose due to the no rewards, but other than the crappy web site, I'm happy to have this account. 

Message 21 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also live in their service area and do the majority of my banking with BB&T. I love their customer service and they have always been more than fair to me. I may be a bit biased, though, my father has been a VP there for 15 years.
Message 22 of 38
ddemari
Super Contributor

Congrats!! I live outside their servicing area but definitely took a glance at their application lol.
Message 23 of 38
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Nice Congrats!!!!!     I'm still waiting on my adoption papers. Smiley Wink

Message 24 of 38
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Saleen099 wrote:

Nice Congrats!!!!!     I'm still waiting on my adoption papers. Smiley Wink

Thanks, me tooSmiley Tongue

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 25 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@12njoy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just curious, how many inquiries and new accounts did you have when you apped this time?

58 inq's.  Depending on the timeframe you consider new accounts, at least 20.  This was/is my personal choice for me which some may not agree with and that's fine, but again, it's my personal choice.

Thanks!  I had wanted to app for this card, but wasn't sure how inquiry sensitive they were.  Once I saw your post, I decided to go for it!

Message 26 of 38
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just curious, how many inquiries and new accounts did you have when you apped this time?

58 inq's.  Depending on the timeframe you consider new accounts, at least 20.  This was/is my personal choice for me which some may not agree with and that's fine, but again, it's my personal choice.

Thanks!  I had wanted to app for this card, but wasn't sure how inquiry sensitive they were.  Once I saw your post, I decided to go for it!

Did it go pending?  If so,  I think that's common

___________ 12Njoy
Message 27 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

No.  Immediate approval for 2K (my lowest CL, but oh well) at 14.4% with a 15 month 0% APR

Message 28 of 38
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Congrats 12njoy.

I've had the Bright and the Spectrum before.

The Spectrum has an unbeatable introductory 3% on every purchase for the first 90 days. After that it's only a 1% card.

I closed them during one of my weeding episodes.

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 29 of 38
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No.  Immediate approval for 2K (my lowest CL, but oh well) at 14.4% with a 15 month 0% APR

My apologies i was thinking I was on my keybank thread.   My BB&T was Instant also

___________ 12Njoy
Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.