cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB&T Cash Rewards VS -- $9,000 SP Approval!!!

tag
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Re: BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards V -- $9,000!!!

@AllZero wrote:

Congratulations! You hardly see a SP offer like this. Hop aboard the gravy train and it's available stations. This has the myFICO effect.

Thanks @AllZero! I wonder how long it will be before someone in their back office is like ... "This was an odd spike. I wonder if there's any chatter about it online" Smiley Surprised

Message 51 of 202
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@credit_is_crack wrote:
Thanks @AllZero! I wonder how long it will be before someone in their back office is like ... "This was an odd spike. I wonder if there's any chatter about it online" Smiley Surprised

Smiley Very Happy I was thinking the same thing. Maybe BB&T will keep it going with all the success they are getting with new card members.

ETA, this forum blowing up with new card members. You list will get bigger and bigger.

Message 52 of 202
Anonymous
Not applicable

Add another one.........
Bright, $4500. Seems to have been a SP. If I get a MF alert tomorrow (they're usually a wee bit behind) I'll advise.
Message 53 of 202
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Add another one.........
Bright, $4500. Seems to have been a SP. If I get a MF alert tomorrow (they're usually a wee bit behind) I'll advise.

And the train keeps on rolling!! Nice Win!!

For my friends riding the BB&T Express, I was approved on 04/16, have not received the card yet, but I did get the alert today that it has already reported to my EX report so get ready for it! 

@markhs777, @seattlecredit08, @CreditCuriosity, @Ysettle4, @Guyatthebeach, @SFLSpotter9210, @Jnbmom, @Marz2002, @CreditMagic7, @Tito1183, @Dogbert, @Meanmchine and @HindSight_20_20

Next stop, 'Ding your AAoA' station Smiley LOL

Screen Shot 2019-04-23 at 7.26.46 PM.png

Message 54 of 202
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@credit_is_crack wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Add another one.........

And the train keeps on rolling!! Nice Win!!

For my friends riding the BB&T Express, I was approved on 04/16, have not received the card yet, but I did get the alert today that it has already reported to my EX report so get ready for it! 

@markhs777, @seattlecredit08, @CreditCuriosity, @Ysettle4, @Guyatthebeach, @SFLSpotter9210, @Jnbmom, @Marz2002, @CreditMagic7, @Tito1183, @Dogbert, @Meanmchine and @HindSight_20_20

Screen Shot 2019-04-23 at 7.26.46 PM.png

Ah, good to see that. Thanks for weighing in.

Message 55 of 202
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@credit_is_crack wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They must be taking a page out of Synchrony's book lol 

Message 56 of 202
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@credit_is_crack wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@credit_is_crack wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They must be taking a page out of Synchrony's book lol 

That hissing sound you hear is the air escaping from the gravy train tires

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 57 of 202
Anonymous
Not applicable

This threat is blowing up my e-mail lol, had to check to see what was going on. Here is some sobering info, at least from what I've seen in my first year with them.

I never knew the pre-qual link even existed. Got the Spectrum Rewards for $3,500 in April last year, the newer Spectrum *Cash* Rewards in January of this year for $2,500 and the Travel one for $4,500 last month. I opened a checking with them in Jan when BofA screwed me a bit, so I'm guessing that helped even more. Onto the sobering bit:

-They don't combine cards.

-They determine your limit on new cards based on the credit you already have. A suggestion from an underwriter for example, was to close my Spectrum Rewards and then ask for a CLI on the Spectrum *Cash* Rewards to go higher, since $2,500 is so low. All CLI are HP's, no random SP CLI's, at least from what they told me.

-The points/cashback on each card is housed in a separate pool (unlike Chase for example, where you can pool the points into one card). You can call in and have them combine the points, but that's annoying.

That's about it. At this point, I have the Bright card and their "luxury" Vantage card left to get which carries an annual fee. We shall see, but from what I'm seeing I should be able to get those before the merger....

Here's to hoping the sobering points made above are quelled by said merger.

Message 58 of 202
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

It sounds like BB&T is trying to add some new cards to generate some revenue.  Banks make a killing on those swipe fees! 

Guyatthebeach

Message 59 of 202
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This threat is blowing up my e-mail lol, had to check to see what was going on. Here is some sobering info, at least from what I've seen in my first year with them.

I never knew the pre-qual link even existed. Got the Spectrum Rewards for $3,500 in April last year, the newer Spectrum *Cash* Rewards in January of this year for $2,500 and the Travel one for $4,500 last month. I opened a checking with them in Jan when BofA screwed me a bit, so I'm guessing that helped even more. Onto the sobering bit:

-They don't combine cards.

-They determine your limit on new cards based on the credit you already have. A suggestion from an underwriter for example, was to close my Spectrum Rewards and then ask for a CLI on the Spectrum *Cash* Rewards to go higher, since $2,500 is so low. All CLI are HP's, no random SP CLI's, at least from what they told me.

-The points/cashback on each card is housed in a separate pool (unlike Chase for example, where you can pool the points into one card). You can call in and have them combine the points, but that's annoying.

That's about it. At this point, I have the Bright card and their "luxury" Vantage card left to get which carries an annual fee. We shall see, but from what I'm seeing I should be able to get those before the merger....

Here's to hoping the sobering points made above are quelled by said merger.

That's a drink of some sour milk. With modest approval numbers say $5K and under a HP for increase (if one would qualify), that could be long ladder to climb to build up maybe but who knows what changes (if any) might improve matters on that. If not, a SP Bankcard is still a good start for those with a thin file looking to build and spread a solid profile later.

Thanks for the data points as laid out in your list. At least folks know pretty much what to expect for the time being.

The not combining of their cards. Seen that one before like some of you. Par for the course unfortunately.

Message 60 of 202
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.