Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB&T Closed my Card, Approved for another

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BB&T Closed my Card, Approved for another

Hi guys,
3 weeks ago I made a transaction for $49.99 subscription with a company that helps with social media marketing. Company is a Dutch company but very legal. I have Made the same transactions with my Chase and Amex cards.
BB&T declined the transaction and my account was referred to risk department. Risk dept decided to close my account even though transaction was completely valid. I have tried to show them same transaction for the last 6 months through my other cards, but they didn’t budge.

Fast forward to today, I check prequalified offers and all 3 offers came up again. Applied for the Travel card and was approved for 4.5K

Has this happened to anyone else? Risk dept close account but then weeks later you can be approved for another card?

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: BB&T Closed my Card, Approved for another

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 2 of 23
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS  on your BB&T Travel Rewards card approval!

Your BB&T situation has not happened to me.

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your new BB&T approval!

Message 4 of 23
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

lol, BB&T. I have been called to the principal's office twice. No closing of accounts, just shutdown until I visited my local branch.

My 1st situation was related to their awful website not showing pending balance transfers, so I made duplicate requests.

My 2nd was due to my 3rd BB&T card's first swipe being in NYC and me living in Georgia.

All three cards are still under introductory 0% period, and in the sock drawer forever.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
... Fast forward to today ... and was approved for 4.5K ...

Wierd story. I'm left curious: more CL now, same, or less CL?

Message 6 of 23
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I went back and looked at the third card I received from them in Nov.
The first day I activated it, used it for a transaction overseas.
Followed by several more between 3 different countries.
Card is still active and no issues.
I've met spend bonus. So in the SD, until I collect on the SUB.
Congratulations on the approval!
I've said it before, I'll say it again. BB&T is off the chain!! Lol
Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your new approval!

Message 8 of 23
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!

Message 9 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi guys,
3 weeks ago I made a transaction for $49.99 subscription with a company that helps with social media marketing. Company is a Dutch company but very legal. I have Made the same transactions with my Chase and Amex cards.
BB&T declined the transaction and my account was referred to risk department. Risk dept decided to close my account even though transaction was completely valid. I have tried to show them same transaction for the last 6 months through my other cards, but they didn’t budge.

Fast forward to today, I check prequalified offers and all 3 offers came up again. Applied for the Travel card and was approved for 4.5K

Has this happened to anyone else? Risk dept close account but then weeks later you can be approved for another card?

Just don't charge the subscription to this newly approved card 💳 😄

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.