Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB&T Prequal - Update: Cash Rewards Approved

tag
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

Re: BB&T Prequal

@justjac2 wrote:

@Wavester64 My experience has been that if I get a pre-qual, it sticks until I apply, regardless of where I check. Back in Feb, I checked again after being approved for the Bright Card, and all three were there again, and I got another Cash Rewards. Then they went away. This last time, I got one shot (which was fine). The offers were good until June 2, so if they come back, it will probably be then. I don't know why it would be different for you. Have you tried a different browser or your phone?

OMG I tried EVERYTHING! Different browsers, different devices, phones, tablets. The only thing I see with me is that when it gives the offer, it provides an offer # and a date & from what I can tell, I cannot get an offer again until that date or after, which the last time mentioned June 8th for me. My *guess* is that it will be there again on or after that day. But it puzzles me why others can go there all day long and get 3 offers and on any give day multiple times and I can only get it once every 30+ days. Very strange.

Potential Future Cards
Message 41 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wavester64 wrote:

@justjac2 wrote:

@Wavester64 My experience has been that if I get a pre-qual, it sticks until I apply, regardless of where I check. Back in Feb, I checked again after being approved for the Bright Card, and all three were there again, and I got another Cash Rewards. Then they went away. This last time, I got one shot (which was fine). The offers were good until June 2, so if they come back, it will probably be then. I don't know why it would be different for you. Have you tried a different browser or your phone?

OMG I tried EVERYTHING! Different browsers, different devices, phones, tablets. The only thing I see with me is that when it gives the offer, it provides an offer # and a date & from what I can tell, I cannot get an offer again until that date or after, which the last time mentioned June 8th for me. My *guess* is that it will be there again on or after that day. But it puzzles me why others can go there all day long and get 3 offers and on any give day multiple times and I can only get it once every 30+ days. Very strange.

@Wavester64 have you considered going to a branch and asking them to complete app for you?  My closest branch was not conducting business inside, drive through only which I appreciated so as not to increase possible risk of covid-19.  I came across a post from a year ago with the steps to request of the branch to minimize potential hp.  I believe the main trick to the sp approval in branch if you pre-qualified from website first is to have them create a profile on you first in their system, then check for offers before completing.  I just got final approval from branch yesterday and at this time, still no hard pull.  You can check for my post in approvals which also has link to the whole story.  YMMV

Good luck!CD77B008-E43B-4E53-A092-F3089600BA4C.jpeg

Message 42 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Long time lurker first time commentor. After seeing this thread I too prequalify and approval. However the email did not detail SL.  I know it was 17%  percent on the Cash Rewards card.

Message 43 of 45
justjac2
Regular Contributor

Congratulations, @Anonymous and welcome! The SL and APR are shown on the Approval screen.  If you really want to know what it is, I guess you could call them.

FICO 8 scores Nov/Jan 2021: EQ 779/751, TU 750/770, EX 763/746 Fully recovered from 5-year Ch13 discharged July 2018.
Last recorded: FNBO Evergreen and PSECU Founder's Card Dec 2021. Seriously out of date, at least 10 more since then.
Message 44 of 45
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@justjac2 wrote:

I have 5 cards, all SP and pre-qualified offers

June 2019 - Cash Rewards $3500, 20.74%

Dec 2019 - Travel Rewards $4500, 20.74%

Feb 2020 - Bright $3500, 18.74%

Feb 2020 (back-to-back applications) - Cash Rewards $3500, 20.74%

March 2020 - Cash Rewards $4500, cant find screenshot but it was in line with the others

The only one that didn't have a 0% intro was Travel but It had a 20K mile SUB that posted as soon as I hit the spend. Hope that helps.

ETA: I don't consider these significant limits but just providing info.

**DELETED** I realized I already asked this question (old age lol)

Potential Future Cards
Message 45 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.