Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB&T Soft Pull Approval?

tag
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

BB&T Soft Pull Approval?

Was On my way to the garden when I ran a cross a thread saying they were offering soft pull approvals....No way right? So I go to the pre approval site and all 3 cards they offer show up ...So I opt for then 0% balance transfer & 0% apr for 15 months Bright card and wouldn’t you know.....Approved for $3,500 no hard pull......

I’ve been a good boy and haven’t apped for anything all year until this week.....Approval #3

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Five6Two
Frequent Contributor

Re: BB&T Soft Pull Approval?

Nice pick up! Now off to the garden you go Smiley Happy

Siggy under construction Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 19
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

BB&T is violently ripping people out of the garden with these SP offers lol. Congrats on a sweet SL! 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 3 of 19
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your own SP Approval with BB&T!

I only wish they could start folks out (even at low tier) with a $5K line at least. Seen from 2500 up to 15K SL's. Mine was 4.5K

Some folks already are customers so falls in line they might be good choice for better limits.

The consolation is good for thin files though and seasoned with the first approval only a SP, in effect saving a INQ hit and point deduction from FICO Scoring.

Message 4 of 19
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Man another win for BB&T! Congrats @MrDFinance -  It would suck if all of a sudden everyone on here got an alert next week for BB&T and discover 'glitch' was that it didn't hit Smiley LOL Welcome Aboard the BB&T Express!! 

LMAO @pinkandgrey "violently ripping people out of the garden" -- I don't think anyone can argue with you there

Message 5 of 19
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

It's not every day a NEW card approval does simply a SP but there ya have it in BB&T Smiley Very Happy

Congrats!

Message 6 of 19
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

That’s why I went for the 0% apr and 0% balance transfer ....Still kinda worth it lol
Message 7 of 19
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 8 of 19
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS  on your Approval, the Very Nice SL, and Welcome Aboard the BB&T Express!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 9 of 19
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the SP Approval! I would've gone for a BB&T card, but they don't seem to want business from the Golden State...

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.