cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB&T Soft Pull Approval?

Your FICO® Scores can impact your loan interest rates, terms, approvals and more.
Established Contributor

BB&T Soft Pull Approval?

Was On my way to the garden when I ran a cross a thread saying they were offering soft pull approvals....No way right? So I go to the pre approval site and all 3 cards they offer show up ...So I opt for then 0% balance transfer & 0% apr for 15 months Bright card and wouldn’t you know.....Approved for $3,500 no hard pull......

I’ve been a good boy and haven’t apped for anything all year until this week.....Approval #3

Gardening....
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Regular Contributor

Re: BB&T Soft Pull Approval?

Nice pick up! Now off to the garden you go Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 19
Community Leader
Valued Contributor

BB&T is violently ripping people out of the garden with these SP offers lol. Congrats on a sweet SL! 

Discover It: 18.7k
Amex BCE: 18k
Citi DC: 4.7k
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once you go Berner, you never go back.
Message 3 of 19
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your own SP Approval with BB&T!

I only wish they could start folks out (even at low tier) with a $5K line at least. Seen from 2500 up to 15K SL's. Mine was 4.5K

Some folks already are customers so falls in line they might be good choice for better limits.

The consolation is good for thin files though and seasoned with the first approval only a SP, in effect saving a INQ hit and point deduction from FICO Scoring.

Message 4 of 19
Valued Contributor

Man another win for BB&T! Congrats @MrDFinance -  It would suck if all of a sudden everyone on here got an alert next week for BB&T and discover 'glitch' was that it didn't hit Smiley LOL Welcome Aboard the BB&T Express!! 

LMAO @pinkandgrey "violently ripping people out of the garden" -- I don't think anyone can argue with you there

MAY 19 --- (FICO 8) EQ 764, EX 765, TU 785 --- (FICO 9) EQ 797, EX 798, TU 800
Message 5 of 19
Super Contributor

It's not every day a NEW card approval does simply a SP but there ya have it in BB&T Smiley Very Happy

Congrats!

Message 6 of 19
Established Contributor

That’s why I went for the 0% apr and 0% balance transfer ....Still kinda worth it lol
Gardening....
Message 7 of 19
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

Starting Scores FICO 8 (Feb '18):
EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545

Current Scores

Message 8 of 19
Valued Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS  on your Approval, the Very Nice SL, and Welcome Aboard the BB&T Express!!!

AMEX BCE $4K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $12.2K | Citi AAdvantage WEMC $12.5K | Discover $15.5K | OpenSky $300 BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $4K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K) | BBVA Compass Rewards VS $10.5K |
TCL - 100K+ | Rebuilding since April 2018
Message 9 of 19
Established Contributor

Congrats on the SP Approval! I would've gone for a BB&T card, but they don't seem to want business from the Golden State...

Amex PRG (NPSL), Amex Blue Cash ($8K), Amex Simply Cash+ ($4K), Discover ($20.7K), Cap 1 Union Plus MC ($2500), Chase FU Visa Sig ($12K), Chase CSP Visa Sig($5K), FCB/Elan Rewards Visa Sig($7.5K), Buckle ($1.3K), BofA AAA Rewards ($65K), Paypal credit ($6.5K), BBVA Clearpoints ($7.5K), Cap 1 Savor ($10K)
Message 10 of 19