cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB&T Spectrum Approval (and 1st post here)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BB&T Spectrum Approval (and 1st post here)

This is my first post to the forums, and I figured there was no better way to introduce myself than to share my approval for a card that I app'ed for solely because of you people. 

I was just approved for the BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards Card with an SL of $6,500 and an APR of 19.49%. Unless I get a delayed notification, it seems that I was approved with SP after using the pre-approval link found here on the forums. We have a branch here in our little town, and I banked with them for a while many years ago. I couldn't resist the prospect of a card with just a SP, and seeing so many of you approved with decent SLs made me pull the trigger. I considered going for the Travel Rewards card, as I like the allowances for TSA Pre-Check and the incidentals credit, but I just got approved for an AMEX Hilton Honors Ascend card and I need to make that one my daily driver until I reach the $2,000 spend point for the SUB. After that, I might try for the BB&T Travel Rewards Card since, judging from what several of you have posted, BB&T is generous in handing out more than one card. 

Some data points (FICO 8 from myFICO): 

EQ: 715

TU: 756

EX: 729

Income: Just a touch over $100k

Inquiries: EQ: 3, TU: 7, EX: 5

Zero derogs

AAoA: EQ: 1y4m, TU: 1y7m, EX: 2y7m

When I figure out the most appropriate place to do so, I'll share a bit about my credit rebuilding experience over the past year or so, particularly since so much of the advice here has been so helpful. 

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: BB&T Spectrum Approval (and 1st post here)

Welcome to the Forums with your first post the BB&T SP Approval.

Congratulations!

Message 2 of 32
WowCool
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on your BB&T card and nice SL!! 

Welcome to the forum!!!!!!

Message 3 of 32
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

A few quick things.

1 ... Congrats on your approval!
2 ... Welcome to the forum!!
3 ... Welcome to the BB&T Express!!! lol

I was literally just thinking “did the train stop?” ... but you squashed that quickly lol This BB&T spree has been roaring pretty hard and looks like it’s still going. Congrats again @j_wilkey!
Message 4 of 32
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval....

Currently waiting on my BBT in the mail🥴
Message 5 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@j_wilkey -

Welcome to the forum! Super congrats on your BB&T Spectrum $6,500 approval! Smiley Very Happy

Quick question: Which version of your Equifax score did BB&T pull for your approval?

I know you shared your FICO 8 scores, but other forum members have reported BB&T

using EQ 8, EQ 9 and even EQ 5. Would love to know which EQ version they pulled for

your approval so we can add it to our data points to help others who wish to apply. Smiley Very Happy

Congrats once again on your appoval. Thanks so much for sharing! Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

They use fico 05 score .congrats on the approval welcome to the forum
Message 7 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not certain I know how to determine which version of the score they pulled, since it was a soft pull. I'm guessing they might tell me in the letter they send along with my new card. If so, I'll report back. 

In the meantime, here are the data points for those other score versions, too: 

EQ 9: 656

EQ Bankcard 5: 711

Message 8 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

The reason i know is my mother was denied then i was denied a second card .hers was 649 mine was 739
Message 9 of 32
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

We people say congrats lol. Nice SL!! Welcome!
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.