cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB&T Spectrum Approval (and 1st post here)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BB&T Spectrum Approval (and 1st post here)

If anyone is having delays or issues with cards not arriving it's been confirmed there's address issues with the site where if you have an extended address with a apt/unit/suite or whatever the site drops it from the record when it's subimitted.  I posted some contact info here.

Message 21 of 32
slither43
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If anyone is having delays or issues with cards not arriving it's been confirmed there's address issues with the site where if you have an extended address with a apt/unit/suite or whatever the site drops it from the record when it's subimitted.  I posted some contact info here.

Interesting. It certainly isn't limited to this as it's now been 25 days since I was approved for a third card. Nothing unusual about my address

Message 22 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, in general they move at a snail's pace.  It took an escalation to their VP ~2 weeks to respond.  Investigating where my 2nd card approval took from approval to my door 46 days and several calls/messages to get that to happen.

Some say they get the card is in the mail e-mail and the next day it shows up. 

Message 23 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

When my card arrived, I was excited to see that it was a Visa Signature. For those of you who have gotten one of the BB&T cards, was yours Visa Signature as well? I'm curious if that's the default, or if they determine who does and doesn't get the Signature card. 

Any card with at least a $5K limit will be a Visa Signature. Mastercards have something similar (called Mastercard World). 

BTW, Congrats!

Message 24 of 32
slither43
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

When my card arrived, I was excited to see that it was a Visa Signature. For those of you who have gotten one of the BB&T cards, was yours Visa Signature as well? I'm curious if that's the default, or if they determine who does and doesn't get the Signature card. 

Any card with at least a $5K limit will be a Visa Signature. Mastercards have something similar (called Mastercard World). 

BTW, Congrats!

See, that was my assumption as well. My Bright card is NOT a Visa Signature card with a $15k CL. I was surprised

Message 25 of 32
slither43
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh, in general they move at a snail's pace.  It took an escalation to their VP ~2 weeks to respond.  Investigating where my 2nd card approval took from approval to my door 46 days and several calls/messages to get that to happen.

Some say they get the card is in the mail e-mail and the next day it shows up. 

Seems to be the case. Waiting for a response from a call a week ago

And I don't think they send the email until a few days after the card is shipped, hence the immediate appearig arrival. I was told by a CSR on the phone that a card had shipped. Received it 3 days later, the same day I got the shipping email. They're an odd bird the way they do things

Message 26 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah, I really don't understand what the issue is over there at BBT but, it's got me scratching my head on how they're still in business... It could just be the influx of people getting in from the prequal SP approvals or it's interest from the proposed SunTrust merger.  They really need to work on their ability to deal with customers at a higher volume than they're at now.  Maybe they have always been on the slow bus?  

Message 27 of 32
Gonzozap
Frequent Contributor

They worked EXTREMELY fast in my case.  I had the card in about 10 days max and it was on my credit report in just a few days.  I've used it and paid the bill via my bank's billpay.  So far, so great.

I wonder if it has anything to do with whether there is a branch nearby.  I have one about 5 miles from me (a bank I had never noticed before).  And I got an email inviting me into the branch to discuss other accounts.

Message 28 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, and welcome to the forums!

Message 29 of 32
slither43
Regular Contributor

@Gonzozap wrote:

They worked EXTREMELY fast in my case.  I had the card in about 10 days max and it was on my credit report in just a few days.  I've used it and paid the bill via my bank's billpay.  So far, so great.

I wonder if it has anything to do with whether there is a branch nearby.  I have one about 5 miles from me (a bank I had never noticed before).  And I got an email inviting me into the branch to discuss other accounts.

I have a branch less than two miles away and my cards too progressively longer. First two were mailed from NC and the third from FL! I'm in PA. lol

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.