Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards, and Chase fail

tag
Ardecko
Frequent Contributor

BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards, and Chase fail

I decided I wanted to 0% some stuff, so I looked around a bit and found the BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards. (I tried for the BBVA, but apparently they don't service my area, or won't without an invitation.) Also, steady 3% gas.

Approved for 6.5k. I haven't seen any HP notifications, but I did app Saturday afternoon. They did SP prequal me for several cards beforehand, but I didn't take notes.

As a resolution to my Chase Ink app from my last post, I went round and around with Chase, I finally got to: your info was wrong, we can't fix it, application closed.

This link isn't me, but is copy/paste my story: https://thepointsguy.com/news/chase-thought-i-stole-my-own-identity/

Short version, be careful that every possible place in your online account is updated to your current mailing address before you app Chase. Their app system *can* overwrite what you type in on the app with the address in your "profile". If this happens, enjoy your HP, but don't expect a card.

2017-09-09 FICO 08: EQ 677, TU 640, EX 705
2020-02-07 FICO 08: TU 789
2020-02-10 FICO 08: EX 752

Gardening, mostly, again until... soon(I need to replace my car)

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards, and Chase fail

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval! 👍

Message 3 of 11
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on your BB&T approval and sorry for your Chase mixup there

Message 4 of 11
Openwater
Established Contributor

Congrats on the the approval! Cheers!

Discover 22K ---------------------------- Credit Union MC 17K
Cap1 QS 11K ---------------------------- Barclay 3.4K
AMEX Blue Cash AU 15.5K ------ Barclay Apple AU 10K
AMEX BCP 15K
1 Installment loans:
Auto 60K /

AMEX Hilton Aspire 25K
Vantage 3.0: TU:738 EQ: 737 03-17-2020
Ch. 7 DC 12/2014
Message 5 of 11
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

@Ardecko wrote:

I decided I wanted to 0% some stuff, so I looked around a bit and found the BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards. (I tried for the BBVA, but apparently they don't service my area, or won't without an invitation.) Also, steady 3% gas.

Approved for 6.5k. I haven't seen any HP notifications, but I did app Saturday afternoon. They did SP prequal me for several cards beforehand, but I didn't take notes.

As a resolution to my Chase Ink app from my last post, I went round and around with Chase, I finally got to: your info was wrong, we can't fix it, application closed.

This link isn't me, but is copy/paste my story: https://thepointsguy.com/news/chase-thought-i-stole-my-own-identity/

Short version, be careful that every possible place in your online account is updated to your current mailing address before you app Chase. Their app system *can* overwrite what you type in on the app with the address in your "profile". If this happens, enjoy your HP, but don't expect a card.

I had a mix up with Citi once but was able to fix it and I got the card.

Message 6 of 11
newfossil
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval. Bummer about Chase. 

Starting score - May 2018

April 2021

AAoA - 1 year 6 months
Message 7 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Grats on your approval!

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

BB&T is SP.  I got 2 cards via pre approval site.  They are slow getting you the card takes about 2 weeks before you will receive and they actually listed the account on my credit report before I even got the card!  lol   No HP so I can't complain and that's for both cards just SP

Message 9 of 11
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Congrats! First time ever, I got offers for 3 of their cards on a preapproval. Sitting on that 1 for now  Prob be a low limit since this being first time for anything. But it shows that progress is being made. Enjoy your card op.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.