Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB&T Spectrum Rewards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BB&T Spectrum Rewards

I wouldn't necessarily say that the APR is the only thing that is affected by your inquires, your SL's are affected by the massive amounts of inquires you have as well. When someone is seeking credit constantly and has so many new accounts it poses alot of risk to lender's which is why you are seeing many low limit SL's and higher APR's. Although some lender's here and there will still hand out a generous SL most won't because you pose more risk than someone who isn't seeking credit quite as frequently. Just my two cents, obviously you have your own strategy and end goal and I appreciate that. Congrat's on the approval!

Message 21 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Semo,

According to myfico reporting, Which I subscribe to monthly it states that my risk rating is 13% across all 3 bureaus.  I had an inquiry hit TU on 8/31 and my score jumped 8 points from it.  Utilization is at 14% now across all cards.  No card is over 30%.  DTI is ok at this point in time as well. 

Message 22 of 37
TheVig
Regular Contributor

Did you have an existing checking or savings account before aplying for the card?

Message 23 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

TheVig,  

Not with them. 

Message 24 of 37
TheVig
Regular Contributor

Scott2696,

Thank You.
Message 25 of 37
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

So what's the end game with the 100+ inquiries? Are you leaving the country and just getting as much credit as possible? Are you just testing the profiles to see where the final No comes in? Or just racking up as many cards as possible?

I read you had 25 in Aug alone? How many of these inquiries turned into approvals? How many cards do you have? How old is the oldest card and what's your highest limit? I curious now and trying to figure out what this is going towards.

Congrats on the approval!
Message 26 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@credit_is_crack wrote:
So what's the end game with the 100+ inquiries? Are you leaving the country and just getting as much credit as possible? Are you just testing the profiles to see where the final No comes in? Or just racking up as many cards as possible?

I read you had 25 in Aug alone? How many of these inquiries turned into approvals? How many cards do you have? How old is the oldest card and what's your highest limit? I curious now and trying to figure out what this is going towards.

Congrats on the approval!

The OP's cards and limits are in his siggy. You can average out his card approvals against 300 plus inquiries. He said he has 100 plus on each CRA.

Message 27 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

My cards are listed as to what I have on each message.  1. I just like seeing the word approval pop up. 2.  I just like testing creditors to see how many approvals I can get with as many inquiries as I can get.  Just a feeling I have, that it's really in the score you have vs the inquiries you have. 

Message 28 of 37
TheVig
Regular Contributor

Was the approval Instant? Or did you have wait a few days for a decision?
Message 29 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My cards are listed as to what I have on each message.  1. I just like seeing the word approval pop up. 2.  I just like testing creditors to see how many approvals I can get with as many inquiries as I can get.  Just a feeling I have, that it's really in the score you have vs the inquiries you have. 

The OP does this as a hobby. I'm guessing Scott is trying to reach a thousand inquiries and several approvals showing it can be done. Each to their own. Rock on Scottie!

Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.