OthTielo
New Contributor

Re: BB&T Trifecta

Congratulations on the approval.

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know what bureau BB&T typically uses for credit cards?  I have read other threads here that say they are only doing a SP for some new credit apps, but I would like to know what bureau they pull when they do their SP's or HP's.

Does anyone know?  I called them but they said it could be any bureau and I cannot find the info on other sites either.  Thank you.

Message 12 of 20
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!
Message 13 of 20
SFLSpotter9210
Valued Contributor

I believe they use EQ at least that’s what I think when I look at my score online. Maybe someone else can chime in to confirm my belief’s.
NFCU Flagship 32,500 | Penfed PowerCash 8,750 | PENFED GOLD 12,500 | PenFed PL 20,000 | NFCU AMEX Rewards 37,500 | NFCU GoRewards 7,000 | FNBO VISA SIGNATURE 9,400 | Capital One Quicksilver 6,300 | Lowe’s 34,500 | Wells Fargo Propel 19,700 | Barclay Apple1k | Citi Rewards+ 12,100 | Citi Double Cash 14,800 | Citi Simplicity 7,000 | PNC Core VISA 22,500 | USAA AMEX 13,000 | Discover 19,500 | BB&T Rewards 4,500 | BB&T Bright Card 4,500 | GS Apple 6,000 | Chevron 2,500 | Fico 8 Scores EQ=764 | EX=775 | TU=757scores and CL current as of 04/04/24 AAoA years 24 months | AoOA=18yrs
Message 14 of 20
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

First off congratulations!

If you owe the money.....pay it!  You didn't mention if a lot of fees had been added to the bill, if so definitely negotiate on that.  It seems that a lot of people tend to rack up bills and expect creditors to take a loss for legitimate  charges by offering a settlement...... that is just wrong to begin with.  Good credit is obtained with good  payment history not how much of your debt you can settle for. You can't expect a company to write off debt to help you get more debt.  If they are offering you a $400 settlement that seems more than fair.  

Message 15 of 20
SFLSpotter9210
Valued Contributor

There’s more to the story than meets the eyes. And truthfully I don’t owe you any explanation to it either. It’s a medical collection that supposedly happened 5+ years ago. So it’s not like a credit card debt. Oh and FYI Bankruptcy isn’t a crime either so it’s there in place for a reason.
NFCU Flagship 32,500 | Penfed PowerCash 8,750 | PENFED GOLD 12,500 | PenFed PL 20,000 | NFCU AMEX Rewards 37,500 | NFCU GoRewards 7,000 | FNBO VISA SIGNATURE 9,400 | Capital One Quicksilver 6,300 | Lowe’s 34,500 | Wells Fargo Propel 19,700 | Barclay Apple1k | Citi Rewards+ 12,100 | Citi Double Cash 14,800 | Citi Simplicity 7,000 | PNC Core VISA 22,500 | USAA AMEX 13,000 | Discover 19,500 | BB&T Rewards 4,500 | BB&T Bright Card 4,500 | GS Apple 6,000 | Chevron 2,500 | Fico 8 Scores EQ=764 | EX=775 | TU=757scores and CL current as of 04/04/24 AAoA years 24 months | AoOA=18yrs
Message 16 of 20
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

@SFLSpotter9210 wrote:
There’s more to the story than meets the eyes. And truthfully I don’t owe you any explanation to it either. It’s a medical collection that supposedly happened 5+ years ago. So it’s not like a credit card debt. Oh and FYI Bankruptcy isn’t a crime either so it’s there in place for a reason.

No... you don't owe me or anybody an explanation; just trying to give perspective.  If it's a debt it's a debt period..... credit card or otherwise, if it "supposedly" happened then argue that point if it didn't happen.  There's no comparison here to a bankruptcy....educate yourself.  I'm just saying no one should avoid paying an honest debt if they can afford it.  If you can't pay the debt you probably certainly don't need anymore credit

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, you asked for “ideas for the settlement” and you got one individuals “ideas”. No need to go off the rails just because you don’t like the suggestion.

I tend to agree too, if it’s a legit debt, they’ve offered a settlement and I’d jump on it. Paying past due debts - especially those that may remain with the original owner - shouldn’t a game of getting the lowest possible settlement. They’ve offered you a fair discount, IMO.
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your BB&T trifecta!

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thread is locked and multiple posts deleted.  PMs will be sent out

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.