BBT cards approvals

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: BBT cards approvals

@sghosh5 wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

First, Congrats! 

Second, thanks for sharing the sp via mailer.  Had no idea they did sp any other way other than the online pre-approval route. 

Third......you're the only one that I know of to post a different sl compared to your pre-existing BB&T cl's. Interesting and neat that your limit increased too.

Thanks. surprising that they don't give CLIs but rather offer same card again Smiley Happy

Wellllllll, I knew that but hadn't thought about that.  Okay, another interesting factoid you put out there.  My BBt train came to a halt; I think it's because I have app'd my butt off on a lot of stuff (personal and business, mostly biz lately but it IS more important) lately and I do believe they, BBT, might be a smidge ticked with me on that there spree-o-rama.  Have you added more tl's since the first set of cards until this last set?  If so, how long in between?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 11 of 25
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@sghosh5 wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

First, Congrats! 

Second, thanks for sharing the sp via mailer.  Had no idea they did sp any other way other than the online pre-approval route. 

Third......you're the only one that I know of to post a different sl compared to your pre-existing BB&T cl's. Interesting and neat that your limit increased too.

Thanks. surprising that they don't give CLIs but rather offer same card again Smiley Happy

Wellllllll, I knew that but hadn't thought about that.  Okay, another interesting factoid you put out there.  My BBt train came to a halt; I think it's because I have app'd my butt off on a lot of stuff (personal and business, mostly biz lately but it IS more important) lately and I do believe they, BBT, might be a smidge ticked with me on that there spree-o-rama.  Have you added more tl's since the first set of cards until this last set?  If so, how long in between?

Yes I added a ton of cards in between lol (lost count)...

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 12 of 25
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@sghosh5 wrote:

So did the gravy train ever dry up?  Even for a short time perhaps?  I'm trying to figure this out.....I'm not getting pre-approvals anymore and I am thinking it's one of two things.  I did a Cash Advance and reversed it..just testing my two new accts. Checking and Savings and I saw they had transfer capabilities (I've never seen that before, wow! I thought) between the cards and the accts.  So I did a transfer, saw it worked, then I called in a asked to reverse it cause it wouldn't let me do it myself. (Sca-erwwwww Up! I'm thinking).  And/Or all my other new tl's.  My Exp is down 10 or 11 pts. since last app too.  Okay, so that's 3 things I'm thinking....so did the pre-approvals disappear for you at any given time?

Message 13 of 25
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@sghosh5 wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@sghosh5 wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

First, Congrats! 

So did the gravy train ever dry up?  Even for a short time perhaps?  I'm trying to figure this out.....I'm not getting pre-approvals anymore and I am thinking it's one of two things.  I did a Cash Advance and reversed it..just testing my two new accts. Checking and Savings and I saw they had transfer capabilities (I've never seen that before, wow! I thought) between the cards and the accts.  So I did a transfer, saw it worked, then I called in a asked to reverse it cause it wouldn't let me do it myself. (Sca-erwwwww Up! I'm thinking).  And/Or all my other new tl's.  My Exp is down 10 or 11 pts. since last app too.  Okay, so that's 3 things I'm thinking....so did the pre-approvals disappear for you at any given time?

Yes, I didn't get any pre-approvals for a long time (10 months or so), but then got pre-approval for Bright card and got that because of some purchase I needed to make using the 0% interest for 15 months offer. And then again there was nothing for next two months and then I got these pre-qualification in email with offer code. But yes I would not apply anything in next 6 months so I don't piss off Amex lol

Message 14 of 25
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@sghosh5 wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@sghosh5 wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@sghosh5 wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

First, Congrats! 

Yes, I didn't get any pre-approvals for a long time (10 months or so), but then got pre-approval for Bright card and got that because of some purchase I needed to make using the 0% interest for 15 months offer. And then again there was nothing for next two months and then I got these pre-qualification in email with offer code. But yes I would not apply anything in next 6 months so I don't piss off Amex lol

I didn't think Amex was a jealous one; glad you said that then.  It seems some banks are more jealous than others but I was thinking Amex was a little laid back.  Oops, perhapsSmiley Embarassed  oh, well can't take it back now.  But that's cool that your offers came back and via snail mail.  Have you looked at their online offers again, just for s&g's? 

I'd still like to see the offers for some twisted reason. idkSmiley Tongue

Message 15 of 25
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congratulations!! I keep getting them as well. Haven't had the travel CC but a month or so.

I have all three cards and pre-approved for all three again! That's just nuts!😂😂😂

I've added roughly 28 accounts in the last 24 months. 3 or 4 are hidden though. 

Message 16 of 25
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Oh cr@p...the offers just popped up.  How is it that that just happened?  Is today an app day with them cuz I've been checking all the time.  Now all three are there right this second.  Hold me back!  Hold me back!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 25
CerebralZulu
Frequent Contributor

Well I guess the soft pull is still in effect. I got my approval and no notifications of hard pulls. Fingers crossed.

Message 18 of 25
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

I think it’s all happening because of their merger with Suntrust

Message 19 of 25
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.