Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBVA CLI

Since it's been a year without apps I decided to go ahead and go for a CLI. I got the card  12/2018 with a $2K SL and was shot down for a CLI once when it was like 6 months old for being too new. Since I don't have any TU apps planned, I decided to try again today. I called and the guy told me the system was only offering $300 but that he could submit for a manual review for more. Asked for $5000 and just got a hard pull alert on TransUnion and I see the full amount was granted. 

73531941-99A8-428C-91F9-19389D62DFED.jpeg

It does seem like the amount the system offers you is actually offered with a SP because in order for him to submit the manual review request I had to accept the $300 and that was reflected immediately with no HP but I am trying to get as many cards to $5K as possible. Of my 18 cards, only Target ($800), DCU ($1K with CLI request pending), QS ($2K), WS VISA ($2K with CLI request pending), and Cash Magnet ($3K) are under $5K now. 

I probably could have asked for more but I didn't want to chance wasting a HP. 

ETA: I have been informed that there is no SP with BBVA even if they tell you it will be SP. 

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Re: BBVA CLI

Congrats on the increase. This is interesting b/c up to this point I didn't know they could approve you for any kind of CLI w/o a HP. The last time I requested one on my hardly ever used BBVA AMEX was 4 years ago and they doubled my limit after manual review and it was a HP on TU. I'm gonna have to give them a call to see if they'll offer me anything with a SP.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 2 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

Congrats on the increase. This is interesting b/c up to this point I didn't know they could approve you for any kind of CLI w/o a HP. The last time I requested one on my hardly ever used BBVA AMEX was 4 years ago and they doubled my limit after manual review and it was a HP on TU. I'm gonna have to give them a call to see if they'll offer me anything with a SP.

Thanks, it's been a long time coming honestly. I've had this card since 12/2018. 

Make sure you freeze the credit bureaus before trying just in case. The system definitely gave me $300 before the HP but the rep gave me the spiel about a hard pull before he entered any of my info in the system to get that offer. This is one of my most used cards and certainly my most profitable so it was worth the HP. Good luck!

Message 3 of 44
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your BBVA CLI !

Message 4 of 44
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your BBVA CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 5 of 44
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI! Thank you for sharing the data points.
Message 6 of 44
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on the double hit Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 44
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Since it's been a year without apps I decided to go ahead and go for a CLI. When I called the guy told me the system was only offering $300 but that he could submit for a manual review for more. Asked for $5000 and just got a hard pull alert on TransUnion and I see the full amount was granted. 

It does seem like the amount the system offers you is actually offered with a SP because in order for him to submit the manual review request I had to accept the $300 and that was reflected immediately with no HP but I am trying to get as many cards to $5K as possible. Of my 18 cards, only Target ($800), DCU ($1K with CLI request pending), QS ($2K), WS VISA ($2K with CLI request pending), and Cash Magnet ($3K) are under $5K now. 

You held out for a year! You deserve that 5K lol, big congrats to you!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 8 of 44
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous 

Congrats 👍

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 9 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Since it's been a year without apps I decided to go ahead and go for a CLI. When I called the guy told me the system was only offering $300 but that he could submit for a manual review for more. Asked for $5000 and just got a hard pull alert on TransUnion and I see the full amount was granted. 

You held out for a year! You deserve that 5K lol, big congrats to you!

Let's see if US Bank feels the same. App status line says it can't find my application lol

Message 10 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.