BBVA CLI

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: BBVA CLI

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Since it's been a year without apps I decided to go ahead and go for a CLI. When I called the guy told me the system was only offering $300 but that he could submit for a manual review for more. Asked for $5000 and just got a hard pull alert on TransUnion and I see the full amount was granted. 

73531941-99A8-428C-91F9-19389D62DFED.jpeg

It does seem like the amount the system offers you is actually offered with a SP because in order for him to submit the manual review request I had to accept the $300 and that was reflected immediately with no HP but I am trying to get as many cards to $5K as possible. Of my 18 cards, only Target ($800), DCU ($1K with CLI request pending), QS ($2K), WS VISA ($2K with CLI request pending), and Cash Magnet ($3K) are under $5K now. 

I probably could have asked for more but I didn't want to chance wasting a HP. 

You held out for a year! You deserve that 5K lol, big congrats to you!

Let's see if US Bank feels the same. App status line says it can't find my application lol

Message 11 of 44
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Since it's been a year without apps I decided to go ahead and go for a CLI. When I called the guy told me the system was only offering $300 but that he could submit for a manual review for more. Asked for $5000 and just got a hard pull alert on TransUnion and I see the full amount was granted. 

It does seem like the amount the system offers you is actually offered with a SP because in order for him to submit the manual review request I had to accept the $300 and that was reflected immediately with no HP but I am trying to get as many cards to $5K as possible. Of my 18 cards, only Target ($800), DCU ($1K with CLI request pending), QS ($2K), WS VISA ($2K with CLI request pending), and Cash Magnet ($3K) are under $5K now. 

Let's see if US Bank feels the same. App status line says it can't find my application lol

What?! Aw man, here we go. US Bank needs to tighten up that outfit over there. Lol

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 12 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What?! Aw man, here we go. US Bank needs to tighten up that outfit over there. Lol

I guess I'm just going to have to learn some more patience. 💀 

Message 13 of 44
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations @Anonymous !!

I'm so glad you decided to go for it before the changeover !

Image result for money counter gif

Quick PSA on SP CLI's: They don't exist. I think the script is confusing for the CSR. What it's actually saying is you are (pre-approved) computer authorized for X amount; if you want more we need to send it for a manual review. But Beware: BOTH options will require a HP during processing! Depends on timing, they may pull on the following day.  So always ask for what you want because regardless, they will pull your credit report. I speak from experience as I went through this in March, raised sand about the HP and had a lady from the Credit Dept explain it thoroughly.

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 14 of 44
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the increase and holding out for a year!

Message 15 of 44
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!!

I had a similar experience with a BBVA CLI last year.  I don't know if the lower amount was a SP or not, but I asked for a manual review.  The difference was substantial.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/BBVA-ClearPoints-CLI-approved/td-p/6215098

Message 16 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your CLI! Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ocheosa wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations @Anonymous !!

I'm so glad you decided to go for it before the changeover !

Image result for money counter gif

Quick PSA on SP CLI's: They don't exist. I think the script is confusing for the CSR. What it's actually saying is you are (pre-approved) computer authorized for X amount; if you want more we need to send it for a manual review. But Beware: BOTH options will require a HP during processing! Depends on timing, they may pull on the following day.  So always ask for what you want because regardless, they will pull your credit report. I speak from experience as I went through this in March, raised sand about the HP and had a lady from the Credit Dept explain it thoroughly.

I was always under the impression they didn't exist either but I have never had a delayed HP on TU before so I figured it must have been a SP for that initial $300. Thanks for the info. 

I always forget about the PNC changeover... I really hope they don't wreck this card. Smiley Sad

Message 18 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mrcraft wrote:

Congratulations on your CLI!!

I had a similar experience with a BBVA CLI last year.  I don't know if the lower amount was a SP or not, but I asked for a manual review.  The difference was substantial.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/BBVA-ClearPoints-CLI-approved/td-p/6215098

Seems like their system is stingy almost to the level of Capital One lol. Good thing we have a manual review option! I would have been ticked off with a $300 CLI after almost 2 1/2 years...

Message 19 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice BBVA approval -- Congrats! Smiley Happy& thanks for the details. 

I am confused about how much CLI the HP bought you. Is $5000 the CLI, or the new CL. If the latter, how much CLI was given? Thanks. Great card. 

Message 20 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.