Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA CLI

tag
mystikal1
Established Contributor

Re: BBVA CLI

@Anonymous 

Congrats on CLI. What was you limit before?

Message 21 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Since it's been a year without apps I decided to go ahead and go for a CLI. When I called the guy told me the system was only offering $300 but that he could submit for a manual review for more. Asked for $5000 and just got a hard pull alert on TransUnion and I see the full amount was granted. 

73531941-99A8-428C-91F9-19389D62DFED.jpeg

It does seem like the amount the system offers you is actually offered with a SP because in order for him to submit the manual review request I had to accept the $300 and that was reflected immediately with no HP but I am trying to get as many cards to $5K as possible. Of my 18 cards, only Target ($800), DCU ($1K with CLI request pending), QS ($2K), WS VISA ($2K with CLI request pending), and Cash Magnet ($3K) are under $5K now. 

I probably could have asked for more but I didn't want to chance wasting a HP. 

Nice BBVA approval -- Congrats! Smiley Happy& thanks for the details. 

I am confused about how much CLI the HP bought you. Is $5000 the CLI, or the new CL. If the latter, how much CLI was given? Thanks. Great card. 

Original SL was $2K so I got a $3K CLI. Let me fix that in the post. Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mystikal1 wrote:

@Anonymous 

Congrats on CLI. What was you limit before?

It was originally $2K. 

Message 23 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

... Original SL was $2K so I got a $3K CLI. Let me fix that in the post. Smiley Happy

That's 150% == very nice! Smiley WinkThanks for the clarification. 

Message 24 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

... Original SL was $2K so I got a $3K CLI. Let me fix that in the post. Smiley Happy

That's 150% == very nice! Smiley WinkThanks for the clarification. 

Yeah I was quite happy with 2.5X considering that I only use this card when they have offers. I have been using AOD for utilities and BCE for groceries so this card no longer gets spend every month. 

Message 25 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info. Congrats.

Message 26 of 44
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ocheosa wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Since it's been a year without apps I decided to go ahead and go for a CLI. When I called the guy told me the system was only offering $300 but that he could submit for a manual review for more. Asked for $5000 and just got a hard pull alert on TransUnion and I see the full amount was granted. 

It does seem like the amount the system offers you is actually offered with a SP because in order for him to submit the manual review request I had to accept the $300 and that was reflected immediately with no HP but I am trying to get as many cards to $5K as possible. Of my 18 cards, only Target ($800), DCU ($1K with CLI request pending), QS ($2K), WS VISA ($2K with CLI request pending), and Cash Magnet ($3K) are under $5K now. 

Congratulations @Anonymous !!

I'm so glad you decided to go for it before the changeover !

Image result for money counter gif

Quick PSA on SP CLI's: They don't exist. I think the script is confusing for the CSR. What it's actually saying is you are (pre-approved) computer authorized for X amount; if you want more we need to send it for a manual review. But Beware: BOTH options will require a HP during processing! Depends on timing, they may pull on the following day.  So always ask for what you want because regardless, they will pull your credit report. I speak from experience as I went through this in March, raised sand about the HP and had a lady from the Credit Dept explain it thoroughly.

I was always under the impression they didn't exist either but I have never had a delayed HP on TU before so I figured it must have been a SP for that initial $300. Thanks for the info. 

I always forget about the PNC changeover... I really hope they don't wreck this card. Smiley Sad

Unfortunately when I called in March was offered the system approved SP CLI, it was prob about 6pm. I asked the CSR about 5 times if he was sure about it being a SP? His continued response was Yes. I felt confident since we were on a recorded line, I even mentioned that while he was busy typing. Well the following morning I received a TU HP Alert. Called late afternoon and complained. They opened a ticket (investigation) said they would review the call. I received a call back 3 days later from the credit department. The rep confirmed it was bank policy that a credit report is pulled each time an account is reviewed for an increase. She said they did review the call but it was nothing they could do, the HP stood. I couldn't even get the amount raised because the clock was reset. Oh well, you live and you learn. 

[4/23] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 5, TU 1. AoOA=14.8y, AoYA=9m.
TCL $618K: Personal $512K, Business $106K.
Message 27 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ocheosa wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ocheosa wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations @Anonymous !!

I'm so glad you decided to go for it before the changeover !

Image result for money counter gif

Quick PSA on SP CLI's: They don't exist. I think the script is confusing for the CSR. What it's actually saying is you are (pre-approved) computer authorized for X amount; if you want more we need to send it for a manual review. But Beware: BOTH options will require a HP during processing! Depends on timing, they may pull on the following day.  So always ask for what you want because regardless, they will pull your credit report. I speak from experience as I went through this in March, raised sand about the HP and had a lady from the Credit Dept explain it thoroughly.

I was always under the impression they didn't exist either but I have never had a delayed HP on TU before so I figured it must have been a SP for that initial $300. Thanks for the info. 

I always forget about the PNC changeover... I really hope they don't wreck this card. Smiley Sad

Unfortunately when I called in March was offered the system approved SP CLI, it was prob about 6pm. I asked the CSR about 5 times if he was sure about it being a SP? His continued response was Yes. I felt confident since we were on a recorded line, I even mentioned that while he was busy typing. Well the following morning I received a TU HP Alert. Called late afternoon and complained. They opened a ticket (investigation) said they would review the call. I received a call back 3 days later from the credit department. The rep confirmed it was bank policy that a credit report is pulled each time an account is reviewed for an increase. She said they did review the call but it was nothing they could do, the HP stood. I couldn't even get the amount raised because the clock was reset. Oh well, you live and you learn. 

Ugh! I would have been pretty ticked off at that whole situation! 

Message 28 of 44
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats!

Message 29 of 44
kittycreditmeow
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on the CLI! 🙂

Message 30 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.