TIPPY-BOB
Regular Contributor

Re: BBVA CLI

Congratulations 👏🎉🎈🍾

Message 33 of 44
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your CLI . . . with your near perfect scores, you can probably get any credit card or loan!

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 34 of 44
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

That's wonderful, @Anonymous!

Comgrats on that CLI! 🎉🥳

Message 35 of 44
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous 

congrats_super.JPG

Potential Future Cards
Message 36 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@babygirl1256 wrote:

Congrats on your CLI . . . with your near perfect scores, you can probably get any credit card or loan!

You would think that would be the case but my income is low, under $19K, and I already have total credit limits more than 5x my income as well as a past BK that while it's no longer on my reports I'm sure all of my creditors have saved in their systems. It's a lot tougher than you would think. So far on this spree I got approved by BBVA for the CLI, it is looking like I got declined by Wells Fargo without them even pulling my credit (likely because the Propel has been discontinued even though their website offered it to me as a preselected offer), Williams Sonoma said my DTI is too high (since they don't ask about rent or mortgage, just income, it's at 5% so this is a BS excuse), DCU pulled me this morning and yet my card still sits at $1K, and I'm waiting for the results from US Bank and Elan. 

While I'm going through all of this I might as well try PenFed too but I'm waiting to see what happens with US Bank and Elan because I don't want to get stuck trying to get $2500 of spend in 3 months. 

Message 37 of 44
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
" it is looking like I got declined by Wells Fargo without them even pulling my credit (likely because the Propel has been discontinued even though their website offered it to me as a preselected offer), Williams Sonoma said my DTI is too high (since they don't ask about rent or mortgage, just income, it's at 5% so this is a BS excuse), DCU pulled me this morning and yet my card still sits at $1K"

Well, that all stinks! .. at least you did not get a HP or (2) for the Propel.

So I guess some positive news, out of it all.

Message 38 of 44
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Thank you so much for sharing . . . best wishes on your continued credit rebuilding. I've heard that Capital One is very forgiving so you may want to try them also. Take care.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 39 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
" it is looking like I got declined by Wells Fargo without them even pulling my credit (likely because the Propel has been discontinued even though their website offered it to me as a preselected offer), Williams Sonoma said my DTI is too high (since they don't ask about rent or mortgage, just income, it's at 5% so this is a BS excuse), DCU pulled me this morning and yet my card still sits at $1K"

Well, that all stinks! .. at least you did not get a HP or (2) for the Propel.

So I guess some positive news, out of it all.

Yeah I'm not surprised about DCU or WS which is why they've been on the chopping block but I figured while I'm out of the garden I might as well try. If I don't get approved for US Bank or Elan I'll try PenFed and if that doesn't pan out, I'll probably do my last stint in the garden until November so I can go for Chase and then it's YOLO whenever I see something I want to app for. 

Message 40 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.