cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA COMPASS ClearPoints Approved !!! SL 14K this is my highest sl out the gate ever

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BBVA COMPASS ClearPoints Approved !!! SL 14K this is my highest sl out the gate ever

COngrats on your approval and massive SL !!!!!

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BBVA COMPASS ClearPoints Approved !!! SL 14K this is my highest sl out the gate ever

Grats and nice SL!

I opened an account with them since they have branches a handful of branches with in a few miles of me and in hopes of getting on their radar.  All I've got so far was something that they said I qualified for at the time of opening my account and had an expiration date on it and I literally received it in the mail 2 days after the expiration.  lol

Message 12 of 23
seattlecredit08
Frequent Contributor

BIG Congrats!!

@PinkficoGuru  - by the way, did you get a pre-qualification mailer after establishing a banking relationship with BBVA? Or was it just a random mailer due to being in their geo area?

Thanks!!

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Got this card in Novemeber and have had no problems so far other than their buggy website. Like Searen said... just use the app. They graced me with a nice limit considering my profile and are getting most of my spend these days too.

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks no i dont have any type of banking relationship with them just responded to the pre appoval letter

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! Got this card in Novemeber and have had no problems so far other than their buggy website. Like Searen said... just use the app. They graced me with a nice limit considering my profile and are getting most of my spend these days too.

Amazon codes as retail and so did a PayPal purchase from Dell Outlet (nobody includes Dell Outlet and I don’t think I’ve seen PayPal transactions ever qualify as retail). 

They are very lax with their categories for sure and no cap on spending means this card can be a goldmine if you leverage categories right. 

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the mailer too I’m on the fence I haven’t decided
Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I got the mailer too I’m on the fence I haven’t decided

It’s a no-brainer if you can use unlimited 3%/2% cash back categories each quarter. 

If not, it’s just another card. 

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve already got 3% dining. I’ve got 2% travel I don’t really know what entertainment is.. anyone know how that’s defined? I’ve already got 2% gas and groceries so I don’t really know that I do need it, but if they’ll give a good credit limit it might not be bad for the sock drawer.
Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I’ve already got 3% dining. I’ve got 2% travel I don’t really know what entertainment is.. anyone know how that’s defined? I’ve already got 2% gas and groceries so I don’t really know that I do need it, but if they’ll give a good credit limit it might not be bad for the sock drawer.

I haven’t used entertainment category stuff so I have no idea but I can tell you that their categories are very broad. Dell Outlet even coded as retail which is rare (refurbished items are usually excluded from credit card rewards, much less when using PayPal to pay) and Woot Gourmet coded as grocery. My Xfinity Mobile cell bill coded as utilities and so does the internet bill so I have utilities as my 3%. 

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.