Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA Clear Points approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBVA Clear Points approval

Got the same mailer with the RSVP code, I've been building since Oct 18, bankrupcy discharge in the 1990's and swore off credit.  This is the first decent mailed pre-qualfication, rest were trash cards like Credit One and high interest personal loans.  I didn't really want to go for it but my better cards are Amex and Discover and occasionally merchants don't take them.

They gave me $5800 SL, my scores are 736 (credit karma), 704 (fico), stated income is 50k (household).  Overall usage was around 16% of 16k credit.

I drive rideshare so having 3x gas seemed a good backup to the current Amex bonuses.  To be honest, at this point I feel like I won my the personal achievement, way more credit than I plan on using or spend, but it sure is nice not having to worry about my utilization when I had a total of $800 limit 6 months ago :-)

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
RamblingDaveyAlex
New Contributor

Re: BBVA Clear Points approval

I got mailer today as well. Went online and got $6000 SL Smiley Very Happy Fico ranges about 685-695 and BK discharged almost full 5 years now.

Congrats!

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval.  I got my mailer a few days ago (third one) and it sits in the drawer with the other mailers.  I just wanted to see real card offers again.  I don't plan to app for any new ones until end of next year. 

That's a real nice SL too.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hesitate but my thinking is if I can get a strong base in my first year then I'm set for length of accounts later on, Amex is the true MVP for me, my first 3 cards were 300->500->5000(amex).

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I hesitate but my thinking is if I can get a strong base in my first year then I'm set for length of accounts later on, Amex is the true MVP for me, my first 3 cards were 300->500->5000(amex).

Yep it’s absolutely best to just take the AAoA hits while you’re rebuilding. My file is so thick now that adding a new account only drops my age by 2 months on my thinnest file which is 2y2m. 

Congrats on the approval! I love my ClearPoints card. BBVA sends out a ton of targeted offers too. 

Message 5 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your BBVA Clear Points approval!

Message 6 of 11
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

From 1 Rebuilder to another Rebuilder, CONGRATS  on your BBVA Clear Points approval and Welcome to the BBVA family!!! 

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 7 of 11
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the approval.  I got my mailer a few days ago (third one) and it sits in the drawer with the other mailers.  I just wanted to see real card offers again.  I don't plan to app for any new ones until end of next year. 

That's a real nice SL too.

, CONGRATULATIONS on achieving Valued Contributor status! 

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your BBVA approval. I recieved mail offer also, didn't apply.

Message 9 of 11
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval and SL!!!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.