cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA Clear Points prequal with surprising approval.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBVA Clear Points prequal with surprising approval.

I too recieved the famous BBVA Clearpoints prequal mailer. Decided after seeing some MyFico peeps get approvals I went ahead and apped.
First, I needed to provide drivers licence info and then got the "We are currently reviewing your application...." .2-3 day message.
Next morning got a call from BBVA verifying it was me and that I would hear back from them that night.
The next morning I get another call to verify SSN and DOB and that they would send to credit analyst for approval or denial.
Not 3 minutes later I got an Experian pull notification and then an approval email from BBVA.
The surprise is this, I am in rebuild mode right now. I have 3 baddies about 6 years old and my only cards are Boscov and Overstock with $1850 limits and a Green Amex with $1k POT and a Blue by AMEX with $1k SL. UTIL is about 25% across all and Experian score 660.
BBVA approved me with 7k SL. WOW is what I thought.
Just thought I'd add my experience with this card. It will definitely help with my rebuild.

VOLTRON can u give me a Leo toast for that LOL.

Edit- Not sure yet what APR is. Need to look into it more. Will post when I know.
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
excop01
Regular Contributor

Re: BBVA Clear Points prequal with surprising approval.

CONGRATS on that spend my dude. **bleep** im mad at myself cause i got that mailer myself and because

i never heard of them before i through it out, it was good till oct too. enjoy that sl for your credit report. 

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's an excellent SL for BBVA with your profile, congratulations!

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I also though it might be trash but reading on this forum helped me make a very good decision.
Hopefully you will get another on the mail. I've heard lots of posters have gotten multiple mailings. Good luck.
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Saeren. It threw me for a loop too. This will help me to get better limits with future cards.
Message 5 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your rebuild!

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and killer SL!!
Message 7 of 21
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

‘grats! That’s a great SL!
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval and foot in with BBVA! Enjoy the SL.
Message 9 of 21
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Congratulations !  Great SL ! Once you activate your card and set up online and/or mobile banking, don't forget to pick your rewards before using the card! 

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.