Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA Clear points Approval 12k SL

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BBVA Clear points Approval 12k SL

@Remedios wrote:

@CreditCuriosity  I just tried prequal, and got same amount as your prequal, with apr just tinsy bit lower..

Maybe that's theirs placeholder amount lol.

Screenshot_20201206-090434_Chrome.jpg

Ya pretty sure a placeholder for new cc account possible holders as profiles both support higher limits based on other cards/limits/profile/income, etc

Message 41 of 58
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@simplynoir wrote:

@CreditCuriosity  by any chance did you see this when applying for the card? DoC posted this earlier this morning. Mentions paying out double the bonus for month of December for their cardsand that caught my eye because of Select's 50k SUB that can be 100k now if this holds true. Just not able to find anything in it on their website

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/al-fl-tx-az-co-ca-nm-bbva-select-credit-card-500-bonus/

Oh I didnt see that!  Nice so in theory i should get 200 vs. 100?  Very good information thank you!  would of gone for selects 50k if would of been in their geo fence, but only two cards on can get outside it now is clearpoints and the rewards one it appears.  50k card would be 100k or 1k not bad at all and probably best bonus these days actually?

Message 42 of 58
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@CreditCuriosity  by any chance did you see this when applying for the card? DoC posted this earlier this morning. Mentions paying out double the bonus for month of December for their cardsand that caught my eye because of Select's 50k SUB that can be 100k now if this holds true. Just not able to find anything in it on their website

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/al-fl-tx-az-co-ca-nm-bbva-select-credit-card-500-bonus/

Oh I didnt see that!  Nice so in theory i should get 200 vs. 100?  Very good information thank you!  would of gone for selects 50k if would of been in their geo fence, but only two cards on can get outside it now is clearpoints and the rewards one it appears.  50k card would be 100k or 1k not bad at all and probably best bonus these days actually?

I'm assuming their points are a 1ccp for redemptions. I need to look more into it but it's making me think about it considering Connect releasing next month

Message 43 of 58
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@simplynoir @Remedios 

Just did prequals for both Clear Points and Cash Rewards. Both identical with the same 11.xx% rate.

@CreditCuriosity  They also pay out the SUBs very fast. Basically as soon as you cross the threshold.

Screenshot_20201206-133308.jpg

Screenshot_20201206-133033.jpg

Message 44 of 58
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

lol @Gmood1 going for two more. ?Smiley Tongue

Think if went for rewards today it would be a new hp?  I think honestly i might of messed up last night when tried last night as i think more i might of clicked clear points again vs. rewards, but not 100% sure.. Had me thinking..... sigh

Message 45 of 58
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Think if went for rewards today it would be a new hp?  I think honestly i might of messed up last night when tried last night as i think more i might of clicked clear points again vs. rewards, but not 100% sure.. Had me thinking..... sigh

😂😂

I wasn't planning on it.

If they would throw some more subs my way. I'd consider it.😆

That's possible, try the prequal and see what it says. Yeah, being that it's another day. It may be another HP if you did do it 

Message 46 of 58
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Gmood1 wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

😂😂

I wasn't planning on it.

If they would throw some more subs my way. I'd consider it.😆

That's possible, try the prequal and see what it says. Yeah, being that it's another day. It may be another HP if you did do it 

same message i posted last night hence why i think picked wrong card face palm lol....  i certainly could use 400 in bonuses between two cards and 3k spend for that isnt very hard esp with holidays and 1k i gotta spend in a few weeks anyways and heading to florida for a weeks vacation, etc... that can be knocked out in two weeks

Message 47 of 58
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your BBVA Clear Points approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 48 of 58
JNA1
Valued Contributor

I'm not sure it's a placeholder limit. My initial prequal limit was $15,300 (which I got). After several months the prequals were showing me $10K. After I got my AOD card, my prequal limit dropped to $7500, but it's back to $10K now.

DW's first card was $10K as well and her prequal is showing $5500 now for a 2nd card. 

7EA9F768-E948-4D3D-AC79-51ED8652E5B6.jpeg

26F66A1E-3F26-485A-9CB9-9016DD2740CB.jpeg

55F7C33C-365C-4084-814A-C08008E97664.jpeg

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 49 of 58
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Congrats on your

BBVA Clear Points Approval

@CreditCuriosity!   Smiley Very Happy 

I've been watching this too one as my recent thread about preapprovals showed. Smiley Tongue

Congrats_Sky_Limit.jpg

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 50 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.