cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA ClearPoints $20,000.00 .....Approved!

tag
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: BBVA ClearPoints $20,000.00 .....Approved!

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Dang it, I thought we patched all the escape routes in the garden fence. Someone’s getting fired.

Congratulations on your approval 😁

@Anonymous..Thank youSmiley Happy, I still blame it all on @Anonymous Smiley LOL (He won't admit to it though)Smiley Wink

First, congrats on that approval!  Yay you!

A question tho:  If some other unnamed MFer were to sneak out of the garden after receiving a BBVA prequalify letter and reading this thread, would that still be @Anonymous s fault, or would it now be YOUR fault @M_Smart007 ?

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 61 of 71
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Dang it, I thought we patched all the escape routes in the garden fence. Someone’s getting fired.

@Anonymous..Thank youSmiley Happy, I still blame it all on @Anonymous Smiley LOL (He won't admit to it though)Smiley Wink

A question tho:  If some other unnamed MFer were to sneak out of the garden after receiving a BBVA prequalify letter and reading this thread, would that still be @Anonymous s fault, or would it now be YOUR fault @M_Smart007 ?

Personally @tcbofade , I would always blame SaerenSmiley Very Happy

Message 62 of 71
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

Just an awesome acheivement @M_Smart007

I LOVE that line "You ain't that sweet Sugar" LMAO

Well 20K worth of sweet is a good start,

very happy to read about your success!

Enjoy,

Cheers

Message 63 of 71
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@nuohlac wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@nuohlac wrote:

Congratulations on your approval!!! Maybe you need to get in touch with Macy's and see if you've got any MOJO left in the tank. 

@nuohlac..Thank you!  .. I am going to hold off on any more apps, as I do not want to kill my AAoA.

The way you have been working it and pouring on the charm they would kindly dust off the account from the 80's you were telling me aboout. Smiley LOL

@nuohlac  ..Oh man, wished I still had that old Macy'sSmiley Sad  ..

I guess why it is so hard for Me to close cards now.Smiley Indifferent

Message 64 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Personally @tcbofade , I would always blame SaerenSmiley Very Happy

Meh, I DID go on about how great the card is on a few places on the forum. If people want to blame me for big approvals for a great card, so be it. Smiley Tongue

Message 65 of 71
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@nuohlac wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@nuohlac wrote:

Congratulations on your approval!!! Maybe you need to get in touch with Macy's and see if you've got any MOJO left in the tank. 

@nuohlac..Thank you!  .. I am going to hold off on any more apps, as I do not want to kill my AAoA.

The way you have been working it and pouring on the charm they would kindly dust off the account from the 80's you were telling me aboout. Smiley LOL

@nuohlac  ..Oh man, wished I still had that old Macy'sSmiley Sad  ..

I guess why it is so hard for Me to close cards now.Smiley Indifferent

Those are some vintage beauties there... I totally understand that. I have not closed my first two cards for those reasons they give me 10 years of history. If that Gold card is yours that's so cool. I opened my life account in Nov. of '82 talk about a nice thick file. I remember when I was a kid I was so fascinated with CC's. That Providian Smart was the first CC to ever have a "chip" in it and that was in like 2000 I think. I remember not having a dime in my pocket as a kid drooling over the idea of carrying that card around. Thanks for sharing those.

Message 66 of 71
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Ok, So I had a Pre-Qual mailer I received a few days ago for BBVA ClearPoints, Had no plans to APP for anything.

but since I have to reset my garden spade for the Penfed approval,

I said screw it (a good myFICO attitude right?)

so I applied ..Got the "we are currently reviewing your application" Blah.. Blah..(1st screenshot)

then I got an Email (2nd screenshot)  so I call in, expecting a meh $2500 approval ... and wait for it ...$20,000.00 (Lousy APR)

The nice lady said "that is all you get!"  .. I jokingly said what? no $50K ..

She said "Sorry Sugar .. You aint that sweet" Smiley LOLHeart ..

Pulled EX 742 & LOL/24 Inqs.

on a roll today!!! ..and did not even plan fer itSmiley Very Happy

I probably should stop now $53,500.00 all in a days workSmiley Surprised

Nice catch, @M_Smart007screamer.gif

I also have the ClearPoints Visa, and FWIW it's always served me very well!  Smiley Happy

Congrats!  Smiley Very Happy

Note:  Just a 'heads up' that this is the only card I have where both billpay services I use (USAA and Wells Fargo) only pay with a paper check, so I opt to let BBVA just 'pull' the payment, which works OK, too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Message 67 of 71
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!

@Anonymous   . Thank youSmiley Happy

Message 68 of 71
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Fantastic Approval @M_Smart007!! Sorry so late on this one (I've been off the grid for several weeks now and just hopping back on). $20,000 is ALWAYS a solid round number to add into the mix! BBVA is not in my area and I kick myself for not snagging them up when I was still in FL lol what can you do?? Congrats! 

Message 69 of 71
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Ok, So I had a Pre-Qual mailer I received a few days ago for BBVA ClearPoints, Had no plans to APP for anything.

but since I have to reset my garden spade for the Penfed approval,

I said screw it (a good myFICO attitude right?)

so I applied ..Got the "we are currently reviewing your application" Blah.. Blah..(1st screenshot)

then I got an Email (2nd screenshot)  so I call in, expecting a meh $2500 approval ... and wait for it ...$20,000.00 (Lousy APR)

The nice lady said "that is all you get!"  .. I jokingly said what? no $50K ..

She said "Sorry Sugar .. You aint that sweet" Smiley LOLHeart ..

Pulled EX 742 & LOL/24 Inqs.

on a roll today!!! ..and did not even plan fer itSmiley Very Happy

I probably should stop now $53,500.00 all in a days workSmiley Surprised

Wish me luck SUGAR. Smiley LOL

Message 70 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.