Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA Clearpoints Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBVA Clearpoints Approval

Hey guys, I app’d for BBVA’s Clearpoints Card on 11/30/19 and got the “we’re reviewing your application message” i received an email from them asking for proof of residency by providing a full utility bill or lease agreement. I sent a gas bill to them right away.

I called yesterday 12/4/19 to check on the status and they still said it was under credit review so nothing more can be done until that’s finished. I thought it was instant denial. But fortunately, tonight 12/5/19 at 11:00pm I’ve received a welcome/approval email. There is no limit or APR attached to it so I have no idea what it is.

Within the email there was a link to activate online banking when I click it another window comes up saying, “please enter loan or credit card number”. I don’t have the credit card quite yet so I’m assuming once I receive it I will be able to activate my online account and see my limit and APR.

My question is, has this happened to anyone else and were you able to find out your limit before getting the card?

This was through a prequal I got in the mail too.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: BBVA Clearpoints Approval

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 11
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 4 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your mystery approval!   ..Great Card!

Message 5 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your new card and I would just call to see what your CL is if you dont want to wait.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just tried calling them and they said I will have to wait until I get the card in the mail to know my limit and APR. The suspense will be killing me over the next week or so lol.
Message 7 of 11
JaseT
Established Contributor

Congrats on your new BBVA ClearPoints card! I love mine so much that I got a second card! Don't forget to sign up for your categories when you get the card, and remember that you have to sign up the categories for the upcoming quarter BEFORE it starts.

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys!

And thank you for the tip, I was unaware of that Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 11
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.