Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA Compass ClearPoints - 2nd Card Approval

tag
JaseT
Established Contributor

BBVA Compass ClearPoints - 2nd Card Approval

Not much info out there in regards to obtaining a second ClearPoints card from BBVA. I wanted a second card to be able to have another 3% category, so when the "pre-qualified" mailer showed up, I went for it. The approval was not instant, it took a day to hear back from them. No additional info was requested, just an approval email. The card is already showing on my account list on the BBVA website.

I will say that I'm a bit disappointed with the SL. I've had my first ClearPoints card for 11 months and I've been stuck at the same $2.2k limit that I started with. I've put a fair amount of use through the card and I also have a BBVA checking account. I figured that was a recipe for success at a decent SL on a second card, but nooooo. $2.3k is the SL on the second card. Smiley Mad There have been a lot of much higher SL for this card recently, so maybe my BK7 scares them a bit, regardless of the relationship I've built with them.

I am happy to have the second card though. I wasn't sure it was possible to have two of the same card with BBVA, as I've seen some say they didn't think you could while others thought it may be possible. Now we know!

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: BBVA Compass ClearPoints - 2nd Card Approval

@JaseT wrote:

I am happy to have the second card though. I wasn't sure it was possible to have two of the same card with BBVA, as I've seen some say they didn't think you could while others thought it was possible. Now we know!

Yeah, that's good to know and Congrats!....kinda your on "version" of DD'ingSmiley Tongue

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats
Message 3 of 18
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! We’ve been waiting for this lol. Now you get two 3% categories!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! 😊

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

It could be the  BK or it could be that they can see your Checking activity.  I didn't have a relationship when I applied and got 15K out of them for the first card and they kept bugging me so, I checked the pre-approvals and they were offering me a 2nd at 15K which I didn't bother with since you can't get a 2nd bonus out of them.  Overall though they've been easy to deal with so far.  

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your 2nd BBVA Compass approval! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Thanks for the info, it could be useful having a second one of these. I won’t go out of my way for it but if I get some mail about it, I’ll jump on it. Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congratulations! Thanks for the info, it could be useful having a second one of these. I won’t go out of my way for it but if I get some mail about it, I’ll jump on it. Smiley Happy

login, hit add product, select a CC, fill in the info on the SP screen, submit, and they'll either display the info or the denial w/ scores.

If you get the SP info with the CL/APR displayed then there's a confirm / apply option before it's finalized/HP'd.

Also, it's not a blanket pre-qual... you have to try it on each card they offer to get the results.  

You can also do it from the phone app the same way.

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

login, hit add product, select a CC, fill in the info on the SP screen, submit, and they'll either display the info or the denial w/ scores.

If you get the SP info with the CL/APR displayed then there's a confirm / apply option before it's finalized/HP'd.

Also, it's not a blanket pre-qual... you have to try it on each card they offer to get the results.  

You can also do it from the phone app the same way.

I don’t have the option to add any credit products, they want me to open a deposit account which I’m not interested in doing. My card will be 6 months old as of tomorrow, maybe it will show up later this year. 

ABAE6E30-FE6E-42F2-8CEE-A166030A0DA5.jpeg

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.