Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA Compass ClearPoints Mailer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BBVA Compass ClearPoints Mailer

@Anonymous wrote:

So i have been out of the app market for awhile and i was okay with that.   Then i got a BBVA pre-qualified mailer.  I know they only send those to certain ppl within a certain area.   And sadly enough the curiousity got the best of me. 

Approved.  3900  @ 23%.     first 12 months 0% APR,  $100 for 1500 spend in 90 days. 

First card with them, or an account of any type. 

Stats in siggy are current.  

lower income bracket. 

Congrats! It's too bad I'm outside of their footprint.

Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aspireto850 wrote:
Nice job! According to my banker, 640 is the starting point with them!

I'm not sure if they use 8 or 9 but my EX is my best one @ F8 - 683 and F9 - 701

Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

Congrats Jago22! Enjoy the new card and broad rewards!

Super congrats @Anonymous  . Seems to be a great fotm  recentlySmiley Happy. From reading @UncleB post on them offering prequals with true limits and apr, seems a nice pick up.

@Gmood1,  man i wish i could pick up some BROAD rewards 😁

@AverageJoesCredit@UncleB@Gmood1

I would have to say the SL and APR pre-quals are for current customers, i didnt see any of that when i apped. 

Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JaseT wrote:

Congrats! I use my ClearPoints card for the 3% Utilities and 2% Gas categories. 

I'll have to figure out what codes as what. I have a 5% cash+ for utilities and cell phones.  Maybe i'll have another category to use it for. 

Cash Back is King  (for me)

Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

Good job, @Anonymous!  screamer.gif

I've found the ClearPoints to be a solid card.  My 3% category is set to 'Travel', and so far it's worked exactly as advertised!  Smiley Happy

Just a quick note... this is one of the few banks I always allow to do a 'pull' for payments, since both of my banks that I use for Billpay for some reason send a paper check to BBVA/Compass.  That said, the 'pull' works well with the funds available the next day, and so far I've never had to deal with a hold (even for payments of $1k+).

Also, if you later find yourself interested in any of their other cards, you'll be able to see pre-qual offers - with credit line and firm APR - before you take it.  This is the only bank I use that has this "feature".  Smiley Happy

Enough of my rambling... again, congrats!  Smiley Very Happy

bravo-gif-2.gif

Thanks @UncleB    I will just have to use it awhile and see how it goes, but the pre-qual with SL and APR sounds awesome for down the road. 

Message 25 of 27
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Congrats, Jago!! 🎉🎉🎉

Seems like the trendy card this month. 😂

Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Aspireto850 wrote:
Nice job! According to my banker, 640 is the starting point with them!

I'm not sure if they use 8 or 9 but my EX is my best one @ F8 - 683 and F9 - 701

I am not sure if it’s 8 or 9 but they use Vantage as well. 

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.