Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA Compass ClearPoints Prequal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBVA Compass ClearPoints Prequal

Recieved a preqaul letter. Was going to put it straight in the shredder put the envelope said travel on it so I checked it out (my main reason for gardening was to get the Uber visa and I wanted that for the travel)

submitted the app and it says it’s being reviewed. But asked me to submit photos of my ID. What’s the deal here?

Is this standard? I don’t see why they would send me the prequal since u need one to apply to deny me haha.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BBVA Compass ClearPoints Prequal

Pretty standard for BBVA (and other lenders) to request this information as part of their verification process.
Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called today to make sure I didn’t need to submit anymore info and they said they just need to review my app and I should hear from them in 24-72hrs.

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got an email saying I’m approved. 4.9k Credit limit.

Message 4 of 24
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congrats! I got that offer in the mail yesterday, and the APR was a shocking range of 12.99-30.99%.  Out of curiosity, do you mind sharing what they gave you?

Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

The interest rate wasn’t in the email. I’ll update when I get the card. Interest doesn’t actually matter to me because I pay in full.

Message 6 of 24
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

congrats on the approval! The waiting game while its in review is always nerve racking!
Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Congrats! I got that offer in the mail yesterday, and the APR was a shocking range of 12.99-30.99%.  Out of curiosity, do you mind sharing what they gave you?

I got another email today stating after my 0% intro offer is over my APR will be 18.99%

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Are you still going to go for the Uber eventually?
Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congratulations! Are you still going to go for the Uber eventually?

The travel was the only thing that appealed to me since i have comparable cards for all the other categories so I don’t actually need to Uber anymore... but knowing me I’ll probably still try and get it hahaha.

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.