Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA Compass ClearPoints Visa Approved

tag
JaseT
Established Contributor

BBVA Compass ClearPoints Visa Approved

Received a 'pre-qualified' mail offer for this card on 7/7 and after researching it, decided to apply. Instant approval! Received the card today, exactly one week later. I liked that they let you choose your rewards categories and that travel = 3x points and utilities = 2x points.

I burned a bunch of creditors in my BK7 bankruptcy, so my options have been limited on new cards. BBVA provided my EX FICO and it has increased to 713 just 16 months post-discharge. Heading into the garden now. Smiley Happy

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BBVA Compass ClearPoints Visa Approved

Congrats on the approval.

Message 2 of 11
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@JaseT wrote:

Received a 'pre-qualified' mail offer for this card on 7/7 and after researching it, decided to apply. Instant approval! Received the card today, exactly one week later. I liked that they let you choose your rewards categories and that travel = 3x points and utilities = 2x points.

I burned a bunch of creditors in my BK7 bankruptcy, so my options have been limited on new cards. BBVA provided my EX FICO and it has increased to 713 just 16 months post-discharge. Heading into the garden now. Smiley Happy

Congrats on the approval!!  screamer.gif

I have the same card (also got a mailer) and have found them to be solid.  The website for redeeming rewards is a little 'quirky', but it works.  Don't be alarmed if your 3x rewards show up as 1x for a couple of days... for some reason there's often a delay before it updates to 3x (sometimes a day, sometimes 2-3 days). 

Also, this is the only lender I have where billpay from either of my banks (USAA and Wells Fargo) is a paper check - others have reported the same.  While I usually prefer to send payments rather than have them "pulled", with this lender letting them do the pull is the best way to go (and thankfully works well).

Again, congrats!  Smiley Very Happy

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Toast-Fireworks-Gif.gif

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

or anybody else. I received a mailer too. I am thinking about it. I went to the website and can't find any locations in Tn. Do you know if they have any branches in TN? I don't want to waste a HP ETC. Thank you
CONGRATS OP Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 11
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats and wish you well on the credit rebuild, you’re doing great!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 6 of 11
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@JoeLuvsHisCredit wrote:
or anybody else. I received a mailer too. I am thinking about it. I went to the website and can't find any locations in Tn. Do you know if they have any branches in TN? I don't want to waste a HP ETC. Thank you
CONGRATS OP Smiley Happy

If you got the mailer you should be able to apply online even if there are no branches in your state.  Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I keep getting mailers from them about 2 a week, I did shoot for it once but just got a denial saying they couldn't verify my identity. I've never had that happen before.
Message 8 of 11
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@JoeLuvsHisCredit wrote:
CONGRATS OP Smiley Happy

If you got the mailer you should be able to apply online even if there are no branches in your state.  Smiley Wink

Thank you buddy

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approval

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.