Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA Compass ClearPoints approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BBVA Compass ClearPoints approval

Belated congrats on the approval! I've seen mixed reviews about BBVA but here's hoping it's not too much of a headache for us. 

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Belated congrats from me as well.

They keep sending me prequal letters with the "code", just got another yesterday. Amex just approved me last week for 2 cards, and most all of my cards have only a 2 year history life. Never heard of BBVA and was doing a search on here and read your post. Thinking I will lay low.

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Belated congrats from me as well.

They keep sending me prequal letters with the "code", just got another yesterday. Amex just approved me last week for 2 cards, and most all of my cards have only a 2 year history life. Never heard of BBVA and was doing a search on here and read your post. Thinking I will lay low.

There are worse companies and certainly better ones but the bad I have seen about BBVA actually seems to be quirk more than actual bad. 

Unlike Amex who I will quite likely never get a card with after they threw a card I immediately canceled because I didn’t like the terms on my credit report for 2 months and marked closed by consumer even when I called them immediately after approval and canceled it. Yeah they refuse to take it off my credit reports even though I never activated (I didn’t accept the offer to get my card number instantly either) and they even shipped me the card two days after I canceled!

Yesterday morning I got a second email from BBVA welcoming me which had my account terms including intro and ongoing APRs, rewards schemes, and links to the mobile apps and said I should have my card in a few days. We will see how it goes but I think I’ll actually be happy with the card. The website stuff happens to every company at one point or another. 

I’ll post here regardless Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Saeren The most common complaints I see about BBVA Compass are about their buggy website (which we've already experienced! Ha!) and bad/rude customer service. I just got off the phone with customer service inquiring about the issue with setting up my online account the other night. Both reps I spoke with were nice and professional.. not particularly enthusiastic but plenty helpful. Although until the card arrives and I have the account number they cannot set up my online profile. Rep apologized for the trouble with the website, welcomed me to the BBVA fam and said to call back if I'm still having trouble after I received the card. Now it was obvious he was in a room full of other reps that I'm guessing is more of an open plan style as I could hear noise in the background even though he was obviously using a noise cancelling headset. The beginning of sentences were a bit difficult to hear because of that. But other than that my first customer service experience was fine. 

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Citalix Yeah those are the same complaints I’ve seen. Definitely the website but when I called to ask for a recon on my SL, the girl was incredibly friendly even though she couldn’t do anything for me since I was approved but there was nothing inherently wrong with the interaction even if the outcome was different than I hoped. 

Message 15 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I dont know know your Amex story but whether or not you wanted a card , once you apply and are approved, the creditor has the right to report it as upon applying you consented to not only a hp but yerms for accepting said card. Like i said maybe more to your story but dont hold back on getting another AmexSmiley Wink
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I dont know know your Amex story but whether or not you wanted a card , once you apply and are approved, the creditor has the right to report it as upon applying you consented to not only a hp but yerms for accepting said card. Like i said maybe more to your story but dont hold back on getting another AmexSmiley Wink

That’s actually BS because you don’t get the full terms like your limit and final APR until after you submit the application. I also find it amusing that Credit One, one of the worst lenders around, I applied for one of their cards and didn’t like the terms and it took a quick email and they canceled the process. 

I literally applied for Amex then went and applied for Discover and got approved for $7500, turned around and called Amex and said cancel to the automated system and it didn’t even send me to a person, it said it was canceled. Had a person gotten on the line and told me that they were still going to send me the card two days later and report two months of having the card, messing up my AAoA anyway, and then also refuse to activate the canceled card account upon shipping the card anyway and also refuse to even speak with me about getting the card taken off my reports unless I actually pay each of the credit bureaus for a copy of my reports so I can get the unique account number from each one and give it to the credit report department (the annual free ones don’t have this number in full, I tried that)....

Yeah Amex will never find themselves in my wallet with the hoops I had to go through starting from chat to phone to another phone call to another phone call to pulling my reports just to find out that the numbers they need aren’t there to call that department back and then be told not only can they not help me without the exact numbers but that the customer service department would have to note that the account was never activated and then have to call customer service just to be told they can’t do that and escalate just to be told that the credit department has to take care if it again...

If I wanted to be jerked around so much, I would be hard pressed to find a company that gave me such a runaround, not even Comcast has ever done something that ridiculous to me. 

It would take one really amazing card to win me over after that experience. For a company that’s known for their exceptional customer service, even the simple fact that I would be expected to pull for and pay for my own credit reports if I ever had a problem with their reporting (because this is the line that customers would have to call if Amex made a mistake on their credit reports) is unacceptable. 

So yeah. I would apologize for the rant except it’s my thread lol. 

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! 🎊👏🎉
Message 18 of 22
difringe
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Had a person gotten on the line and told me that they were still going to send me the card two days later and report two months of having the card, messing up my AAoA anyway, and then also refuse to activate the canceled card account upon shipping the card anyway and also refuse to even speak with me about getting the card taken off my reports unless I actually pay each of the credit bureaus for a copy of my reports so I can get the unique account number from each one and give it to the credit report department (the annual free ones don’t have this number in full, I tried that)....

question - when you try to file a dispute with a credit bureau, you get to look at your credit report without paying; did you try this/if you did, did it also not give you the full account number?

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@difringe wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Had a person gotten on the line and told me that they were still going to send me the card two days later and report two months of having the card, messing up my AAoA anyway, and then also refuse to activate the canceled card account upon shipping the card anyway and also refuse to even speak with me about getting the card taken off my reports unless I actually pay each of the credit bureaus for a copy of my reports so I can get the unique account number from each one and give it to the credit report department (the annual free ones don’t have this number in full, I tried that)....

question - when you try to file a dispute with a credit bureau, you get to look at your credit report without paying; did you try this/if you did, did it also not give you the full account number?

I didn’t dispute it but I pulled my annual credit reports yesterday and full numbers are not on them and they didn’t show on disputes I filed the other day for another account either. I believe the only way to get those are to order them by mail. 

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.