Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA Compass ClearPoints

tag
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

BBVA Compass ClearPoints

Well, got a mailer and looked around on here and saw they were giving out good SL’s and I wanted to try and bring down a couple cards I’m using for BT’s down to under 50%, so I went online and applied.

Took a few days and was approved for $2500.

Total sock drawer card.

This is like my lowest limit card aside from AMEX, again, sock drawer.

Then, my stepdad passed away recently so had to move up to get things packed, etc, which is about 8hrs away from where I normally stay so am not able to get my card.

I just called and was talking to someone I could barely understand for an hr, and due to credit laws, I can’t get the card at another address since it has to be received at the applying address, which I knew.

I have a forward on my mail, but CC’s won’t be forwarded, will they?

I had never heard of this bank before and the CSR told me I could go into a branch but then he checked and of course there are none even a few hrs away from where I am.

Is this card worth going through all of this for?

Easy to grow? Do they like a little, lot of use? PIF or carry a balance?

Data:

Exp: 744
20% Credit Usage
AAoA: 2.4
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
peghede
Valued Contributor

Re: BBVA Compass ClearPoints

Congrats m8,they will always HP TU for cli and HP EXP for new app. card can grow fast if u don't mind HP  inq  for cli.usage don't matter how ever they do like to keep balance on card cuz of their high apr.

Message 2 of 9
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Thanks, M8!

Is a low SL common with them?

I forgot to add that the CSR hung up on me after I said my parent passing was more important then staying for a card, but I guess he wasn’t interested 😂
Message 3 of 9
peghede
Valued Contributor

yeah they give sl like that it's normal but it can grow really fast (depending on profile) ill say from where u are in 24 months 20k after that they will probably ask for poi

Message 4 of 9
skorpyo3
Frequent Contributor

@Total80sKid wrote:
Well, got a mailer and looked around on here and saw they were giving out good SL’s and I wanted to try and bring down a couple cards I’m using for BT’s down to under 50%, so I went online and applied.

Took a few days and was approved for $2500.

Total sock drawer card.

This is like my lowest limit card aside from AMEX, again, sock drawer.

Then, my stepdad passed away recently so had to move up to get things packed, etc, which is about 8hrs away from where I normally stay so am not able to get my card.

I just called and was talking to someone I could barely understand for an hr, and due to credit laws, I can’t get the card at another address since it has to be received at the applying address, which I knew.

I have a forward on my mail, but CC’s won’t be forwarded, will they?

I had never heard of this bank before and the CSR told me I could go into a branch but then he checked and of course there are none even a few hrs away from where I am.

Is this card worth going through all of this for?

Easy to grow? Do they like a little, lot of use? PIF or carry a balance?

Data:

Exp: 744
20% Credit Usage
AAoA: 2.4

Read my experinces with this horrid bank. Shred that card and close asap! 

|EQ 698|TU 674|EX 665| BK discharged 11/2012

[Amex PRG No PSL] [Cap 1 QS Visa Sig $50,000] [Barclaycard CashForward WMC $25,000] [Patelco CU MC $20,000] [BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $15,000] [Amex BCE $13,000] [Discover It Cashback $13,500] [US Bank Cash + Visa Sig $10,000][US Bank Platinum Visa $8,400] [Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa Sig $10,000] [USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex $15,000] [Citi AAdvantage WMC $5,000] [Macy's Amex $7,500] [JCP $6,500] [Amazon Prime $6,000] [Target $2,000]
Message 5 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats Kid and SorrySmiley Wink. This is one reason you shouldnt app for a card just because they seem to be giving nice sls. Many times theres always a catch. Plus if you hadnt heard of this card always make sure to read up or ask. Seems like this bank has been problematic for many recently so i hope you can get some use out of it. Sorry to hear about your stepdad.
Message 6 of 9
peghede
Valued Contributor

bbva they been good to me, really good.

Message 7 of 9
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@Total80sKid wrote:
Thanks, M8!

Is a low SL common with them?

I forgot to add that the CSR hung up on me after I said my parent passing was more important then staying for a card, but I guess he wasn’t interested 😂

I’ve had a CSR be just down right mean there when I needed to reset the online banking.

i finally told the guy to shove it in his fat *** and hung up on him.

called right back and got some one who wasn’t really nice per se, but was at least professional and I had it accomplished in about 2 mins.

(ps: it takes a lot to be tick me off that bad. My wife was floored that I said that)

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats 80's... Well done

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.