cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA Compass clean points credit card approved.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBVA Compass clean points credit card approved.

I recieved a pre-qualify letter in the mail so I thought I would get out of the garden for this one card hearing that they pulled TU 780 for me and gave big starting CL....they ended up pulling EX 751 with 25 inqs....has me worried that that will cause then to give me a smaller stating limit. anyone else have a relationship with this bank?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: BBVA Compass clean points credit card approved.

BBVA is an EX puller

What's your SL? If you were instantly approved it should have shown on the approval screen
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 6
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I recieved a pre-qualify letter in the mail so I thought I would get out of the garden for this one card hearing that they pulled TU 780 for me and gave big starting CL....they ended up pulling EX 751 with 25 inqs....has me worried that that will cause then to give me a smaller stating limit. anyone else have a relationship with this bank?

I haven't known them to be inquiry-sensitive, but they are new account-sensitive. A couple of years ago when they handed out too many $10K+ SL's out to mid 600's customers, they started shutting down cards because of "verification" and "too many new accounts" 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have A LOT of new accounts withing the past few years so I was kinda shocked wen I recieved the pre qualify letter. what threw me off was everyone has told me they were a TU puller. I'm just hoping I get a good strating CL and thanks for the response I do appreciate it.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wasn't instantly approved they needed ID....but just recieved an email saying I had bee approves what shocked me was seeing the EX hit and not TU....I will update the SL as soon as I find out.

Message 5 of 6
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have A LOT of new accounts withing the past few years so I was kinda shocked wen I recieved the pre qualify letter. what threw me off was everyone has told me they were a TU puller. I'm just hoping I get a good strating CL and thanks for the response I do appreciate it.

With "new" accounts, I think they're more concerned with what you've done in the past 6 months, not necessairly over a few years. But congrats on the approval, and best of luck with the starting limit! 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.