Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA Credit Card CLI

tag
KDKobes
Regular Contributor

BBVA Credit Card CLI

I’ve seen a lot of people asking when you can get a CLI with BBVA, and there is a lot of varying information out there. Maybe this helps someone else.

Requested CLI - HP
Account Age: 6months
Usage: max’d the card out when I got it with a big purchase to take advantage of the no interest offer & have been paying it down & using it A LOT
Debt-to-Limit when I applied: 49% (I’ve been paying it down over $600/month to avoid interest at the end of the offer)

CL before increase: $8,000
CLI: $2,000

Ending CL: $10,000

*UPDATE - They pulled my TU report. When I applied they pulled my EX.

EX: 694 (F8)(7inq) | TU: 691 (VS3)(5inq) | EQ: 699 (VS3)(5inq)
BK Ch 7 Discharged 2015 | x1 Paid collection | x1 30 day late on file
9% Utilization | AAoA: 2yrs | Updated: *UPDATING*
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BBVA Credit Card CLI

Your post isn't clear on whether you obtained an auto-CLI or requested a CLI based on the 6 month activity and DPs you provided. Was your SL $8K?
Message 2 of 24
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@FinStar wrote:
Your post isn't clear on whether you obtained an auto-CLI or requested a CLI based on the 6 month activity and DPs you provided. Was your SL $8K?

+1 Yes your DPs aren't very clear?

My account is ready for my 7th statement and have heard they "sometimes" auto increase then, are you saying you got one after 6 month statement , was it Auto, what was your SL?

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 24
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, i was going to post the same. No idea what is meant by this post with no info pertaining to a cliSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 24
Caught750
Valued Contributor

It’s a common question, if you could clear that stuff up it would be great!
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 5 of 24
KDKobes
Regular Contributor

Sorry everyone I thought I had added that information to the post 🤪. I updated the post but to rectify, I had requested the CLI with the intention of it being a HP. Starting limit $8,000 & I got approved for another $2,000. This is my first $10,000 card so I’m pretty happy about how my credit is doing compared to 5yrs ago. Thanks to everyone & all the information on this site I probably wouldn’t be here right now!

Message 6 of 24
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@KDKobes wrote:
Sorry everyone I thought I had added that information to the post 🤪. I updated the post but to rectify, I had requested the CLI with the intention of it being a HP. Starting limit $8,000 & I got approved for another $2,000. This is my first $10,000 card so I’m pretty happy about how my credit is doing compared to 5yrs ago. Thanks to everyone & all the information on this site I probably wouldn’t be here right now!

Thanks for clarifying Smiley Happy so this was at the 6 month mark? 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 7 of 24
KDKobes
Regular Contributor

It was actually slightly before the 6 month mark, about 1 week or so before

Message 8 of 24
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@KDKobes wrote:

Sweet, congrats on the CLI and getting into premium card territory.

Message 9 of 24
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@KDKobes wrote:
It was actually slightly before the 6 month mark, about 1 week or so before

Thank you.  From what I hear if you asked it's a HP, but some have gotten auto increase after 7th statement,  so I am holding out to see lol.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.