BBVA Credit Card CLI

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BBVA Credit Card CLI

@Jnbmom wrote:

@KDKobes wrote:
It was actually slightly before the 6 month mark, about 1 week or so before

Thank you.  From what I hear if you asked it's a HP, but some have gotten auto increase after 7th statement,  so I am holding out to see lol.

Yes, thanks for the DPs @KDKobes

Typically, one can request a CLI around the 6-month mark (HP), but it's really a gamble for a variety of profiles even from an earlier UW 'model' which was identified back in the days of the BBVA (NBA) AmEx frenzy.  Which is why most BBVA folks prefer to wait things out for an auto-CLI or request the CLI around the 12-month timeframe. 

Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you request a CLI did you call in?
Message 12 of 24
KDKobes
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
How did you request a CLI did you call in?

Yep, just called the number on the back of the card. Pretty quick process, if your income changed make sure to tell them you want to update it before. I called early in the afternoon, got a notification that credit was pulled at about 8pm, the next day about mid-day I checked my card & CL was increased.

EX: 694 (F8)(7inq) | TU: 691 (VS3)(5inq) | EQ: 699 (VS3)(5inq)
BK Ch 7 Discharged 2015 | x1 Paid collection | x1 30 day late on file
9% Utilization | AAoA: 2yrs | Updated: *UPDATING*
Message 13 of 24
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@KDKobes wrote:
I’ve seen a lot of people asking when you can get a CLI with BBVA, and there is a lot of varying information out there. Maybe this helps someone else.

Requested CLI - HP
Account Age: 6months
Usage: max’d the card out when I got it with a big purchase to take advantage of the no interest offer & have been paying it down & using it A LOT
Debt-to-Limit when I applied: 49% (I’ve been paying it down over $600/month to avoid interest at the end of the offer)

CL before increase: $8,000
CLI: $2,000

Ending CL: $10,000

*UPDATE - They pulled my TU report. When I applied they pulled my EX.

CONGRATS  on your BBVA Clear Points CLI!!!

I received an AUTO  CLI after my 7th BBVA statement from $7,000 to $10,500. 

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 14 of 24
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

@KDKobes wrote:

Thank you.  From what I hear if you asked it's a HP, but some have gotten auto increase after 7th statement,  so I am holding out to see lol.

, in case you missed it - I received an AUTO  CLI after my 7th BBVA statement from $7,000 to $10,500. 

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 15 of 24
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Marz2002 wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

@KDKobes wrote:

, in case you missed it - I received an AUTO  CLI after my 7th BBVA statement from $7,000 to $10,500. 

@Marz2002 

Congrats, my 7th cut yesterday but no such luv😕

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 16 of 24
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Marz2002 wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

@KDKobes wrote:

@Marz2002 

Thanks , sorry to hear about your CLI experience. Smiley Surprised

Do you put much spend on your BBVA card?

Total CL - $284K+
Message 17 of 24
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Marz2002 wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Marz2002 wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

@KDKobes wrote:

@Marz2002 

@Marz2002  

I ran about 400 each month always PIF and now am using a BT deal at 1500. I thought I was a good candidate for an auto, but guess not lol.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 18 of 24
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Marz2002 wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Marz2002 wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

@KDKobes wrote:

@Marz2002 

@Marz2002  

I ran about 400 each month always PIF and now am using a BT deal at 1500. I thought I was a good candidate for an auto, but guess not lol.

, that's exactly what I did with my BBVA Rewards card but, I had a $5500 BT instead.  One statement after the BT posted, I made a payment of $3500 and then they gave me the AUTO CLI after the Statement was cut.

Total CL - $284K+
Message 19 of 24
JaseT
Established Contributor

My 12th statement cut on 8/7 and still no CLI. Smiley Frustrated

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.