Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA Prequalify Approved

tag
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

BBVA Prequalify Approved

So today was indeed a crazy day... Well at least for me. My good friend just moved to another state, I was rejected for AOD despite all my documents, I got a card I didn't want or need...

I did get a preapproval from BBVA! It's strange because yesterday (or a few days ago, I forget) they denied my preapproval request.

Today I try again and the amount was for 3.9k. Probably my smallest limit since.... Forever? But I will happily take it! 0% APR for 13 months, and a $100 sign up bonus after $1,500 spend! Very easy with medical bills. ☺

ETA: I had some info I didn't want to be seen on the photo I forgot to cross it out. So I removed the picture. Reuploaded.

Screenshot_20210401-184801~3.png

Thank you everyone. For your knowledge and kindness to post your experiences on this forum.

Now I can do it for real - Take that! AOD!

A really nice member mentioned to me to try to get BBVA and I did - and to my surprise an approval. Thanks again Saeren!!!!

My Current Active Credit Cards
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: BBVA Prequalify Approved

Congratulations on your BBVA approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 2 of 25
newfossil
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Starting score - May 2018

April 2021

AAoA - 1 year 6 months
Message 3 of 25
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Message 4 of 25
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 5 of 25
Hex
Valued Contributor

People tell me that everything happens for a reason and I think it's probably usually true. Don't be surprised if this card works out even better than the AOD would have. BBVA sends out a lot of sweet unexpected offers. You could very well end up saving more money using this card. 

Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay! I'm so glad that you were able to get it! That's my favorite card honestly. It's also one of my smallest limits too at $2K but the endless offers for groceries and utilities really add up. 

Message 7 of 25
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Congrats! DW and I both have one of these, and they are one our best cards. After a few months of decent amount of use you should start receiving targeted offers that offer 4 - 7X bonus points on different categories. For April, they offered 10% cash back on a purchases on top of existing points, up to $500 of spend. 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 8 of 25
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new BBVA card @MoneyBurns 

I saw your post about the Upgrade card...we've all done it (gotten a bit click happy), but you still had 2 banks tell you Yes today so isn't all that bad! 

Message 9 of 25
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yay! I'm so glad that you were able to get it! That's my favorite card honestly. It's also one of my smallest limits too at $2K but the endless offers for groceries and utilities really add up. 

Out of curiosity, do they give a you larger prequal limit on a 2nd card now that you've had your current one for a while? 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.