Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA Rewards Card Approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBVA Rewards Card Approved!

Got an invite to apply, had set it aside since they sent me one 20 months ago and denied me. Heard they weren't inq sensitive, but I don't really have many (4-6) and only 1 for the past 12 months. They pulled Experian. To my surprise they approved for 30k starting limit :-O . No previous relationship with this bank. 

1.5% CB additional .5% if I open a checking account.

$100 account credit with 1500 spend in 90 days

0% AF

13 months 0% purchases and balance transfer (4% fee)

I don't remember what interest rate it was approved at but it wasn't the highest of the range! Been a while since I've been graced with that. 

Does anyone know if this card is a Visa Standard or Visa Signature?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: BBVA Rewards Card Approved!

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some datapoint for others. Experian Fico 8 is around 750. Util bounces 7-15% (use a lot of promotional financing) I don't think there are any baddies, they all recently fell off in the past 60 days. Collections, derog (I thought they were suppose not effect your score as much as it aged, that turned out to not be true for me!) Only baddie I think is a mortgage payment in 05 that was 30 days late that I can't seem to remember.

I apped at bbvausa.com/go/rewards

When applying after hitting submit it asked me to open a checking account, then I hit submit again...took a little longer than 30 seconds anticipated. It asked me to create an online account. Looks all well and can't wait to start using this card.  I don't know what my AAoA is, have a mortgage and credit card over 15 years old, most of my accounts are recent 2-3 years since I let most of my accounts derog bakc in 2012-13. 

Message 3 of 25
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know if this card is a Visa Standard or Visa Signature?

It appears the Visa Signature is available for the Select Card.

https://www.bbvausa.com/credit-cards/compare-credit-cards.html

8Benefits for Select Credit Cards:  Visa Signature benefits include Luxury Hotel Collection membership, 24/7 Concierge, roadside assistance, travel and emergency assistance services, warranty manager service, auto rental collision damage waiver, lost luggage reimbursement, purchase security, trip cancellation/trip interruption, price protection, and Zero Liability.

Message 4 of 25
newfossil
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Starting score - May 2018

April 2021

AAoA - 1 year 6 months
Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval, thats a nice SL.

Message 6 of 25
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

... they approved for 30k starting limit ...

That's a beautiful SL -- Congrats! Smiley Happy & good job on adding the DPs. Others will benefit. 

Message 8 of 25
AnimatorProcrastinator
Regular Contributor

Fantastic SL! I always like to see when banks/CUs seem to want to make a good first impression with a new customer, and it seems like it definitely pays off for both the customer and the bank for their returning business.

Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval!! 

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.