Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA Rewards Visa

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBVA Rewards Visa

In September I was approved for a Clearpoints Visa -- details here. Almost immediately after that approval the "add more product"* on the phone app showed a preapproval for the Rewards Visa. Today I went into that cookie jar and emptied it -- the result being another 10K SL. 

It's a decent rewards card that can be a straight 2% with a proper banking relationship (direct depost required); has a small SUB of only $100; 13 months of 0% BT (3% fee) the 1st 60 days. 

DPs:

HP EX: Fico 08 = 747

Inq: 2 last 6 months; 4 last 12 months; 18 last 24 months;

Income : 100 +

* wondering, I am, how soon before I'm looking under that rock again? 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: BBVA Rewards Visa

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 13
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on the new card

Message 3 of 13
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Congrats! BBVA seems to be really pushing approvals, I got the Clear Points back in March and then opened a checking account in April for a $250 SUB with direct deposit. Then in July I was making a deposit in branch and the teller really pushed me to app for the Rewards so I let her app for me, instant approval.

Your only other choice now is their Select Visa, but I don't think that one comes close to justifying the $125 AF.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

When you gonna get your second ClearPoints? Smiley Wink

Also I am surprised to hear they are paying the SUB. They usually have no SUB for existing BBVA cardholders language on them. 

Message 5 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats, been swiping the heck outta mineSmiley Happy

Message 6 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!

When you gonna get your second ClearPoints? Smiley Wink

Also I am surprised to hear they are paying the SUB. They usually have no SUB for existing BBVA cardholders language on them. 

I met the SUB the very first day i had the cardSmiley Happy

Message 7 of 13
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous 

Congrats Smiley Happy

DH had the same thing in add products but when we tried to apply the website was quirky and we couldn't submit and now it's gone .

Sent a message and got the standard reply give us a call blah blah.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 8 of 13
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!

When you gonna get your second ClearPoints? Smiley Wink I thought I read in another thread a MF'er had two of those -- was it you?

Also I am surprised to hear they are paying the SUB. They usually have no SUB for existing BBVA cardholders language on them. You might be right. The SUB for the card is $100 -- I didn't see language one way or the other on the phone app. TBD.

Thanks @Saeren !

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.